Laundry and Pressing

scokely

Laundry on the Zuiderdam in December was outstanding. We're four star, so there's no charge. The turnaround time was always less than a day, even on split temperature orders (2 bags.) We sent a thank you card and a nice tip down with our bag two days before Christmas. Never underestimate the value of coming home with all your clothes clean. 

14 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Laundry on the Zuiderdam in December was outstanding. We're four star, so there's no charge. The turnaround time was always less than a day, even on split temperature orders (2 bags.) We sent a thank you card and a nice tip down with our bag two days before Christmas. Never underestimate the value of coming home with all your clothes clean. 

We were on same ship, same cruise, a few weeks before you!  We had to pay, but it was SO worth it.  It's a luxury that we're willing to pay, and if only taking one suitcase, instead of two, you're saving bucks if flying!

We are about to take a cruise on the Eurodam which doesn’t have a self-service laundry available for passengers. I called HAL’s Ship’s Services and asked about the $7/day unlimited laundry and if it was possible to sign up for the service prior to boarding or after boarding. The deal is still being offered and the answer I received was yes to both but if I signed up prior to boarding I’d have to pay using a credit card but if I signed up after boarding I could use on board credit.

I must say the way HAL does the passenger’s laundry is very nice, tissue wrapped in a wicker basket, better than the service on premium/luxury lines we’ve sailed on.