Online checkin for green card holder

Hello

I had cruise 5 times. My first cruise was with Carnival ( green card holder)  (that was back in early 2010s) before I became an official US citizen . Has the law changes for green card holders travelings on cruises? I had called Royal Carribeans's numerous agents before I booked a cruise for my sister (  She's a green card holder). They all said " yes she can cruise".   I don't see any drop box for Green card holders when checking in online. or Does she have check in person at the port? Can anyone share a similar experience? Greatly appreciative.

3 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

My hubby is a green card holder...we never put that info in the check in online nor at the port.  I just put his country of Citizenship and his birth and then he brings his EU passport no issue at all!

Hope this helps!

Hello GalwayGirl03

Thank you for your quick response. My sister only have her US. Green Card and a driver license. She's doesn't have her country of birth passport. Will that be a problem.  One of the Royal Caribbeans Representative told me that there's was drop box for Green holder but in reality there was none.

I'm not a US citizen. I use my passport when I check-in online and then I have to prove that I have a Green Card when we check-in at the port. I don't know, but it doesn't sound right that you can travel outside of the US with just a GC. Maybe it depends on where you're going?

22 minutes ago, CruiseforeverSea said:

Hello Again,

I don't think that's possible. I had asked her that question as well. It's complicated.

What was the country of citizenship for your sister? 

When are you due to sail? 

30 minutes ago, Guinness1000 said:

I'm not a US citizen. I use my passport when I check-in online and then I have to prove that I have a Green Card when we check-in at the port. I don't know, but it doesn't sound right that you can travel outside of the US with just a GC. Maybe it depends on where you're going?

I had asked Royal Carribean's people before I booked. She said I just need a green card because it's a closed loop cruise.

As long as the cruise is not going to Cuba and is a closed loop meaning leaving from a US port and returning to the same US port her valid ARC and valid driver's license is all she needs.  Do not worry about entering the info online, they will take care of that when you arrive at the port for check in. They might want to get a photo copy of both, so be prepared for a short wait.  

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/74/~/documents-needed-to-take-a-cruise

If you are a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) of the U.S., the U.S. government does not require you to have a passport for any travel, including air, land or sea travel, however, you are even more likely to be required by your destination country to have one. A Caribbean island that does not require a U.S. Citizen to have a passport may require a U.S. LPR to have one, and a visa as well. An LPR is required to present an I-551 (Green Card) for reentry into the U.S.

Green card is not proof of citizenship.

And the port countries need to know your citizenship to determine is she would be required to have a visa.

I would have her get a passport.  No matter what they tell you on the phone, without it, she may be standing on the dock watching the cruise depart.