Lamb in Manfredis? What night is Lobster in MDR on Med Oddesy?

rudychance

Looking for any info to help pick specialty restaurants for our Med Odyssey cruise in May, 2019.  We enjoyed lamb in Manfredis and awesome half of a whole lobster in MDR on our 1st cruise.   That was on the Sea; then didn't have either on Caribbean Sky  cruise.  Can't decide what nights,  we have a PV,  so booking is coming up.  Can anyone share experience to help?  Thanks much. 

That's a good question! We have never managed to eat lobster in three cruises! We have always  been eating in one of the speciality restaurants that night! I think they move it around and keep it quiet!! I do know that when it is on, spaces open up in both Manfredis and the Chefs Table as a result of cancellations! So...off we go to one of those!

We have been on the Star and the Sky for four ocean cruises and if memory serves they have had lobster on the menu in the MDR on the first night of sailing on at least two of the cruises.  We were on the Mediterranean Odyssey a few weeks ago and the first night sailing was NYE so that may have been a factor, but I think the first night sailing is sort of a "welcome" dinner hence the "fancy" fare.

9 minutes ago, molymoo said:

We have been on the Star and the Sky for four ocean cruises and if memory serves they have had lobster on the menu in the MDR on the first night of sailing on at least two of the cruises.  We were on the Mediterranean Odyssey a few weeks ago and the first night sailing was NYE so that may have been a factor, but I think the first night sailing is sort of a "welcome" dinner hence the "fancy" fare.

When you say the first night of sailing do you mean embarkation day or the next day when the ship leaves port and is out on the open ocean? I am also trying to figure out when lobster night will be before booking specialty restaurants. 

What night is Lobster in MDR on Med Oddesy?

Unlike some of the other cruise lines, the MDR menu rotation is not tied to the itinerary so, it is impossible to predict in advance which night it is going to be.  Lobster on our latest cruise was served sometime mid cruise and I don't believe that it was served either on the night of the Welcome or the night of the Farewell events.

BTW, for new readers, no farewell baked Alaska parades or dancing waiter congo lines on Viking.         

• Like 1