Travel Cot

gojocruise

Has anyone used the supplied travel cot that PO provide?  

Have a one year old going on their 1st cruise - PO say that they would supply a travel cot if needed.  Is there any room left in the cabin once it is put up?  

Would you recommend taking your own?

Does anyone have a picture of their room with a travel cot in it?

Cheers, Jo

Hello, yes we’ve used their travel cots several times.

Loads of room left if you put the cot in the recess where the open plan wardrobe is (opposite the bathroom door, under neath the hanging rails). You can still get in and out of the bathroom easily enough but the door won’t open fully. The steward gave us a bit of a strange look when we moved it but it does make sense, and you can still hang lond dresses etc to one side of the cot. 

You can put it in the main area, but we preferred having the baby slightly out of the way so we could have the telly on/access the balcony etc in the evening or during nap times.

we also always used to ask for the steward to put extra sheets/towels on the base of the travel cot - they are quite hard otherwise, and in my opinion need padding out. 

Slightly off topic but just to reinforce - the children’s facilities are ace, even for under two’s, be sure to use the night nursery in the evening; it was a godsend for us when the kids were small, for us to have a few ‘nights out’ (on the ship). 

Have a good time!

Hi, we have travelled several times with 2 travel cots in our cabin.  We have always booked the Deluxe Balcony on Ventura for extra space though and it has been fine.  We put both cots opposite the sofa near the balcony doors and there was still room to move around.  We were actually given an accessible standard balcony once when I booked by phone - the reservations agent recognised that a standard cabin might be a bit of a squeeze (Britannia) and kindly suggested this rather than try to up-sell us to the Deluxe.

The travel cots themselves are fine, no need to bring your own, however if you do have a mattress it might be worth bringing that.

We would also heartily recommend the night nursery however our children were only happy to try it recently (age 2 and 3) when they saw it as a fun sleepover activity.  We had no luck getting them settled there when they were younger.  All down to each baby's personality though.

Enjoy your trip!

Recommend taking a cot mattress or sleeping bag to put under the cot sheets - p&o dont supply this so base is quite hard otherwise. we had a deluxe cabin on ventura so plenty of room by sofa for cot and we were not trying to use both balcony and cot at same time. Night nursery got a big thumbs up from me when my boy was 9m old... was also good when he was 3 too. Book in at kids club first day to register if you want beyond 12 in night nursery you have to book in day before to use until 2am even if you only want say 30 min to watch a particularly late show. You can also request bottle warmer and steam steriliser (good brand) and they provide baby food and milk if you want to use it - baby food available from restaurants and the kids afternoon buffet. The brand of food is on the website. not much room for a buggy we used to wedge it in one of the corners at bottom of bed and could just get round it if we didnt want to collapse it. there is a buggy park outside night nursery if you want to leave it there. i did find just carrying my son down easier on occasions.