Cruises Departing From Shanghai

Floridastorm

Anyway...

Back to the "do we / don't we qualify" of the visa topic ... I'm still confused about the coming and going eligibility and timing - because we fly in, cruise out, cruise back in, and fly out again ... all within a one week period. 

Let me explain...

• Fly: Sydney > HK
  • Fly: HK > Shanghai
  • Cruise 5n: Shanghai > Sea day > Nagasaki > Okinawa > Sea day > Shanghai
  • Fly: Shanghai > Sydney

I'm 100% sure we qualify for TWO 144hr visas [blue and green above] - but are we eligible given one starts as the other ends?

The worry is if we make this assumption, and its incorrect or they decide to be difficult - then we're stuck! And are there limits in how long you spend in the pre/post China countries ?

I'm going to contact the embassy but wonder if anyone has done something similar successfully in the past to put my mind at ease!

Thanks!

TWOV can be used repeatedly if you are eligible (A-B-C country, correct passports etc) so it is fine to fly in, cruise out, come in again and fly out....Chinese immigration don't look at the entire trip. They look at where you JUST were and where you are going IMMEDIATELY next. And they look at each visit on its own....Pretty sure I've said this a couple times in this thread already 😉

DO NOT say "visa". You are looking for transit WITHOUT visa. There are certain nationalities who DO qualify for transit visas. That is NOT what you are looking for.

Edited by Hoyaheel