Uber Questions

ctsharpie05

1.) I will not have space on my phone to download the Uber App. It appears I can use it from the Google Internet on my phone. Is this correct?

2.) My very first Uber use will be when I arrive at the airport. Is this going to be an issue or should I Uber somewhere else (at home) first? 

3.) Are their fare estimators usually pretty accurate?

42 minutes ago, ctsharpie05 said:

1.) I will not have space on my phone to download the Uber App. It appears I can use it from the Google Internet on my phone. Is this correct?

2.) My very first Uber use will be when I arrive at the airport. Is this going to be an issue or should I Uber somewhere else (at home) first? 

3.) Are their fare estimators usually pretty accurate?

1.  Too technical for a dinosaur like me.  You do not have space on your phone for one more app? :classic_huh:

2.  I would have a back-up plan (taxi?)

3.  The best estimate is from Uber -- plug the starting point and destination into the app without finalizing the request for a ride

Good luck! :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

1.  Too technical for a dinosaur like me.  You do not have space on your phone for one more app? :classic_huh:

2.  I would have a back-up plan (taxi?)

3.  The best estimate is from Uber -- plug the starting point and destination into the app without finalizing the request for a ride

Good luck! :classic_smile:

Hahaha no .... my phone is awful. I have enough storage for Facebook and the HubApp (I had to deleted FB messenger to get that) and that is it.  I need a new phone....

I would not try to use it via google/mobile browser.  I'm not actually sure it is even possible.  If I click on it in my mobile browser it takes me to the app to download.  Even through the app Uber can be a pain, and even being familiar with it, I wouldn't try it through mobile internet.  I definitely think if you're considering it, though, you should try a trip at home first.  We've come to prefer Lyft because the interface seems to work better than Uber (what we used to love--but then started having problems with the drivers "not able to find us" and still charging us).  Honestly, around here taxi and uber/lyft prices are similar and just finding a cab at a busy location can be easier.