Porthole room or Cloud 9 Spa Room-Splendor

nslope123

Hi There- I am having a hard time deciding what to do I have a porthole room on the Riviera Deck with my daughter. We want to purchase the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool Pass but it is cheaper to upgrade to an inside Cloud 9 Spa Room instead $70 versus $219.  My concern is giving up my porthole. I feel like I need to see outside and have some natural light.  I don't plan on being in the room much but has anyone felt slightly claustrophobic in an inside room?

I don’t handle small spaces well at all and have never had a problem with an inside. It’s about the only thing we book. I can’t even ride the elevators without feeling super claustrophobic but have never had a problem with an inside room. I love how dark they are at night. I sleep so well! However, YMMV. 

I was faced with a similar decision on our most recent cruise on the Breeze.  I had previously sailed only in balcony cabins, wanted a spa cabin, but could afford only a spa interior.

I decided to go with the spa interior.  We never regretted it.  In fact, we missed the couch more than we missed the view, probably because panoramic views from all over the ship were plentiful.

I would not hesitate to book another interior.

By the way, the T-pool is incredible.

4 hours ago, nslope123 said:

Hi There- I am having a hard time deciding what to do I have a porthole room on the Riviera Deck with my daughter. We want to purchase the Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool Pass but it is cheaper to upgrade to an inside Cloud 9 Spa Room instead $70 versus $219.  My concern is giving up my porthole. I feel like I need to see outside and have some natural light.  I don't plan on being in the room much but has anyone felt slightly claustrophobic in an inside room?

Loved the inside Cloud 9 spa room on the Splendor. So close to everything.  The special lotions, sprays and soap were heavenly.  Our room was very comfortable, quiet and a total joy.  I did not feel claustrophobic at all but that's a personal decision.  Everyone has their limits.  And some need to be able to see out of their room. 

40 minutes ago, nslope123 said:

Thank you everyone for your input. I went ahead and changed my room from the Riviera Deck Porthole to the Panorama Deck Spa Interior. I'm excited I think it will be fine! Looking forward to our Cruise in March!

You won't regret it! Also there is a deck all the way forward on the Panorama deck where you can go to get a quick view around, if you are missing natural light. 

6 hours ago, nslope123 said:

Thank you everyone for your input. I went ahead and changed my room from the Riviera Deck Porthole to the Panorama Deck Spa Interior. I'm excited I think it will be fine! Looking forward to our Cruise in March!

I hoped you love it as much as sister and I did!  Have a great time!

One of the crew told us he just puts the TV on the channel with the front of the boat to tell whether it's day or night in an inside room.  Maybe that would help if you leave the TV on to feel connected with outside?  We didn't like the darkness so will never book an inside room again.

Have a great trip whatever you decide.