Private Tour Reliability

gklingel52

2 hours ago, skipreality said:

Thanks.  I was responding to the original poster, who asked about the reliability of private tours.  But thanks for clarifying on their behalf.  

No, they asked about private tour reliability specifically in SPB, which is pretty unique in this regard because of the government oversight of the visa issue.

The OP needed no clarification because their question was crystal clear.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

No, they asked about private tour reliability specifically in SPB, which is pretty unique in this regard because of the government oversight of the visa issue.

The OP needed no clarification because their question was crystal clear.

"Crystal clear" is apparently a moving target based on the reader.  I was offering the comment to address "than elsewhere".  Which was, in fact, crystal clear to me.  Not sure why anyone cares so much about exposing the potential risks of private tour operators.  They exist, simply because perfection is elusive. Some folks happen to value the guarantee of the ship waiting for them in case of calamity, and I have no blame for them.  Likewise I don't blame those who accept the risk of the ship leaving without them, no matter how great or small that risk may be.  But like it or not, there are two sides.  For whatever reason, that has raised some inexplicable ire on this thread.  People offer opinions based on their experience on this site; that is actually a very big part of why folks choose to enter. That is all that was happening here.  Thanks for offering yours.