April Ocean Weather Baltimore-Bermuda

Tigerdahm

Hi! Going on a cruise with our 4 yr. old April 8-15 from Baltimore to Bermuda and I know she’ll want to swim... a lot. What is the weather like trans-Atlantic on the ocean to and from Bermuda? Can we swim on the ship or is it too cold. Thanks for the help!! :)

Hi! Going on a cruise with our 4 yr. old April 8-15 from Baltimore to Bermuda and I know she’ll want to swim... a lot. What is the weather like trans-Atlantic on the ocean to and from Bermuda? Can we swim on the ship or is it too cold. Thanks for the help!! :)

It will probably be cold. It could be 50 to 60 in Baltimore. Bermuda 60 to 70. Probably closer to 70. Water temps will be chilly in Bermuda. I did a transatlantic in April and could not sit on the outside decks. Some ships have indoor pools. That would be the one to sail on in April. However indoor pools are often adults only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am guessing you are on either Carnival Pride or RC Grandeur of the Seas.  The Pride has a covered/mostly covered pool that all can use, but will likely be crowded if it is cool outside.  The slides might be open, but they would be exposed to more wind.  Grandeur has the enclosed Solarium pool which is for adults (maybe 16+), but they might open it for others if weather is really bad.

Bermuda is farther north than many realize, and weather is more like the Carolinas.

I am guessing you are on either Carnival Pride or RC Grandeur of the Seas.  The Pride has a covered/mostly covered pool that all can use, but will likely be crowded if it is cool outside.  The slides might be open, but they would be exposed to more wind.  Grandeur has the enclosed Solarium pool which is for adults (maybe 16+), but they might open it for others if weather is really bad.

Bermuda is farther north than many realize, and weather is more like the Carolinas.

Looking at the Bermuda port schedule, they would be on Carnival Pride. It will be cool outside but at least they have a covered pool they can use sailing to and from Bermuda. Bermuda temps will be comfortable but water temps will be chilly in early April. Not beach weather for most people.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Looking at the Bermuda port schedule, they would be on Carnival Pride. It will be cool outside but at least they have a covered pool they can use sailing to and from Bermuda. Bermuda temps will be comfortable but water temps will be chilly in early April. Not beach weather for most people.

Yes! We’re on Carnivals Pride. I think kids swim no matter the temp. Wondering if I should invest in wet suits. There’s no way she’s taking “you can’t swim- it’s too cold” as an excuse. 😂