Non-Touristy excursions

Banana15

My husband is NOT a fan of tourist traps. I know that there are a few recommendations for excursions in St. Maarten, and I've looked into them, but the pictures I see always shows massive amounts of people at the beach they visit. Is there any suggestions for things we can do that won't be completely loaded with tourists? It doesn't necessarily have to be a beach, but just a way to spend the day. 

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend Karakter Beach Bar. It was awesome! The beach loungers and umbrellas were free of charge. the waiters were so helpful and the drinks were fabulous. Very quiet in the morning. Later in the afternoon, there was a dj that played and everyone just sat on the couches and enjoyed. It is about a 20 min ride back to the ship. (great prices too)

Anytime we go to St. Martin, this will be the place!

• 3 weeks later...

For our upcoming stop in St Maarten we have scheduled Random Wind catamaran. It’s a full day tour including lunch on the boat. They limit the amount of people on the boat, so it’s a small group. From what I hear it’s a nice day on the water, swimming, snorkeling if you want, just relaxing! Seems non-touristy to me. 

Edited by FirstAnthem