Vancouver, BC AirPort - Ovation of Seas

Vancouver airport is in Richmond and the cruise ship terminal is in Vancouver. It's not too far away... a bit out of the way. Easiest way to get there would  e to take the skytrain from the airport to waterfront. I wouldn't fly in to Vancouver on the same day as the cruise though.... you  ever know if you will run into a delay of some sort.

1 hour ago, msjazzymiss said:

Sailing on the Ovation of the Seas Sept. 20 - Vancouver to Hawaii.  Is the Vancouver Airport close by the cruise port?

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Vancouver+Cruise+Ship+Dock,+Vancouver,+BC/Vancouver+International+Airport+(YVR),+3211+Grant+McConachie+Way,+Richmond,+BC+V7B+0A4/@49.2409105,-123.2103649,12z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x5486719d1211176f:0x3585aa818cab73fc!2m2!1d-123.1094347!2d49.2886176!1m5!1m1!1s0x54860b348627a39b:0xba68ccac86348084!2m2!1d-123.1815123!2d49.1966913!3e0

$35 flat rate cab door to door

https://www.connect.ecuad.ca/sites/www.connect.ecuad.ca/files/pages/71/Vancouver%20Airport%20Skytrain.pdf

Skytrain $8.75

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

The driving route map and price for the cab is accurate but this link goes to a several years out of date travel site Hoopster - prices have gone up three times since it was current. Always best to link to the actual site for changeable info rather than a document that depends on a third party to update it... so if you're traveling peak (weekdays before 6:30pm) OP, it will cost you $9.20pp at this point in time, while on a weekend or evening that drops to $7.95 (both include the extra $5 Addfare from coming in from the airport).

I've sailed in and out of Vancouver more than 15 times.

Lately I've taken the SkyTrain.....very timely and inexpensive.

You have about a 4 block walk from the entrance of the pier to the Waterfront Station.

There is an elevator from street level to the loading area, vice versa.

Be certain that the train says "YVR AIRPORT"......because there is a second destination available from Waterfront.

At the airport, there are elevators and escalators available and SkyCaps if you need them.

David

18 hours ago, martincath said:

Always best to link to the actual site 

I use the 3rd party link as it's much easier read with photos and map. I feel a few cents more is not the issue.

2 days to 1 month from now, when this thread is buried pages into this Forum, all fellow readers will remember is that they have a choice this summer.... a cab for $35 or Skytrain for around $9 Canadian.

Not mentioned yet is a limo service located inside YVR

http://www.vancouverairportlimousine.com/vancouver-cruise.html

I believe going through the airport just a few weeks ago I believe I noticed a sign that said downtown hotels $64.99?? I think... don't quote me. The website does not give a price... wants you to email for a quote. I suspect if there's 4 of you travelling this would be a much nicer way to go vs. two separate taxis for the same price.

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

I use the 3rd party link as it's much easier read with photos and map. I feel a few cents more is not the issue.

2 days to 1 month from now, when this thread is buried pages into this Forum, all fellow readers will remember is that they have a choice this summer.... a cab for $35 or Skytrain for around $9 Canadian.

Not mentioned yet is a limo service located inside YVR

http://www.vancouverairportlimousine.com/vancouver-cruise.html

I believe going through the airport just a few weeks ago I believe I noticed a sign that said downtown hotels $64.99?? I think... don't quote me. The website does not give a price... wants you to email for a quote. I suspect if there's 4 of you travelling this would be a much nicer way to go vs. two separate taxis for the same price.

I can see why you might feel that a single document with all the info would be better than having to click around a few times, and I'd even agree with you - if it was accurate. But not only is that info out of date on pricing it also completely misses out on all the changes in how Translink operate - the super-convenient new 'tap & go' functionality that allows for folks with modern Visa/MC cards to use the system without having to queue for tickets or figure out the machines at all, the new ticket vending machines (and especially the tickets) look very different now. Plus there's the incorrect-even-at-the-time-it-was-written train frequency info (it's for the combined line, not the YVR branch which is every second train so runs at half the frequency).

The website that actually produced the info isn't even the one you're linking to - for some reason Emily Carr university captured it, I guess as part of a package of info for new students - so at the very least I'd think you could give credit where it is due and link to the original author of the info on Vancouver Travel Tips. Over there it has at least been updated to fix some of the errors - frequency of trains has been corrected, even if the pricing remains out of date (though less so than the PDF). To be fair I don't rate the website as particularly well-researched anyway as every time I've looked at their info it's been at best out-of-date on something and sometimes just completely wrong, but at least they do fix errors occasionally so it's less inaccurate than the historical version at ECU. NB: unless you're employed at ECU and actually produced that PDF I certainly don't blame you for the inaccuracies Hoopster, but I do hope that you'll reconsider linking to that particular version again given the above info.

The website you linked is owned by Princess Limo - and I have to assume that you are mis-remembering the numbers, as if they are actually charging $64.99 to anywhere they're breaking the terms of their operating license. Only Aerocar, as airport franchisee, are exempt from the local transportation board minimum pricing requirements and even then only on the airport routes (Aerocar walkup rates are here - NB: 5% GST applies on top - so to most downtown hotels a 1-4 pax group pays <$60 in a sedan at this time).

The legislative minimum (and maximum) pricing and other rules are found here and if you click the link on that page to the current rates you'll see that any vehicle licensed as a Limo rather than a Taxi must charge for a full hour no matter how short the ride, with minimum pricing per hour for even the smallest vehicle at $75 per hour. In other words ANY limo fare under $75 is not allowed, even for a five minute ride to a nearby hotel, except for the Aerocar airport routes.

Edited by martincath
spelling