HELP! FLIGHT CHANGED TIMES

ginam

I just found out that our flight was cancelled by American Airlines, and they are changing our flight times. Going there not so much of a problem, but coming back our flight is at 12:30 that has to be pushing it. My mom walks with a cane and rushing to the airport is not an option. Plus we are flying from Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami, so we have to get there. What should I do?, can it be done with no problems?

Can't wait!! Caribbean here I come!!!

ginam,

American did the same thing to us sailing out of San Juan. The flight that I booked going home was 11:40 am. Carnival said that would be fine and that I could make arrangements to be one of the first off. However, American changed the flight times and sent me a notice that my flight left San Juan at 9am instead of 11:30. Well, I panicked. There's no way we could make a 9am flight. So I called them, explained that I wouldn't be off the ship that fast and they said no problem. They found me a later flight that leaves at 1:15pm which is probably better anyway. American told me that if your flight times change by more than 90 minutes you can cancel and rebook. But you should be able to make arrangements to be one of the first off the ship due to your Mom and the fact that your flight time has changed.

Toni

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;4;25;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til my Destiny!!!

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=25>

<param name="hour" value=22>

</applet>

There is no cut and dried answer, because "things happen." The cruise lines "recommend" that you do not schedule outbound flights prior to 2 pm in order to compensate for these unforeseen circumstances.

That said, let me also say that I have *NEVER* experienced an unusual delay in disembarking, and have never missed a flight home (lucky? perhaps!). 12:30 *should* be ok, but you never know.

Generally speaking, if you are able to take advantage of "express debarkation" (which involves carrying off ALL of your luggage yourself, you can be off the ship and on your way by 7:30 am, plenty of time to get to FLL and make your flight.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

How do you get express debarkation? I don't mind doing the luggage, if we can do that. I have to go talk to my TA today. I believe are other option is an 8:30 Pm flight, but what would we do for all that time with all that luggage if we went that route?

Can't wait!! Caribbean here I come!!!

Express debarkation is limited to US citizens. Any other restrictions will be explained during the debarkation talk, and printed on the information sheets that will be delivered to your cabin.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Also set up a private car/taxi/limo to meet you at the Miami pier and take you to FLL airport -- it's MUCH faster that way and you'll have a better chance of making the flight on time -- that way your mom won't have to 'hurry' thru the airport. Last time we needed to go from Miami to FLL we used dependablelimos.com - they have cars also.

Also, if you don't want to do the 'carry ALL luggage' off yourself you just need to go to the pursers office and tell them of your early flight time and they will put you in the first group to disembark, after the express debarkation people.

Hope this helps.

American did this to me once. The return flight they changed me to was just too darn early. When I called & explained I was on a cruise, they switched me to a later time without extra charge.

Sleazy 3 on Conquest in Just:

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;10;29;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Well first off, are there other flights available that would work better for you?

If so, and it was me, I'd be on the phone to American telling them the flight they moved you to will just not work and here's why...

Since they cancelled your flight whatever rules you were bound by on cancellation are gone, they might not want to but they WILL refund your money if you push it. The only problem is that if you booked far out at a great rate you might not be able to get that great rate close in to your travel days.

Another option might be to let them put you on standby for a later flight. Just make sure you are on ticketed standby so you can volunteer your seat and take a later flight along with some hefty travel vouchers.

Pardon my directness on this next part:

With mom and her cane that might not be a practical way to go but, and I don't mean to sound crass here, having her along would go a long way towards making your air travel goal come true. If mom was game and you played your cards right you could easily end up with enough travel vouchers to pay for the air for your next cruise.

But I'd start with an internet search on AA's site (www.aa.com) looking for alternative flights. If the flights come up there then there are probably seats available. If you find one or two that work better, call American and tell them to switch you. It's their fault the flight was cancelled and when its their fault they are REALLY accomodating if you ask them to be.

Or so has been my experience with them.

Remember, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar so don't be nasty to them. Play the "mom and her cane" card right up front and you should come out fine.

Let us know ok?

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Chris is right. Use it to your advantage. I would do exactly what he said. Sue

7 Days on The Star Princess October24,2004

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=10>

<param name="day" value=24>

<param name="hour" value=05>

</applet>

WOW!

Going on the Carnival Victory Eastern Carribean

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Leaving To Las Vegas, BABY!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;9;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

CARNIVAL VALOR

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;12;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival- Imagination (Western Carribean) June of 2001

Carnival- Imagination (Western Carribean) May of 2002

Carnival- Spirit (Hawaii) Honeymoon- May of 2003

Archived