Fishing excursions in the Caribbean - any good?

Sayyadina

Hi, my husband and I are going on our first cruise in March, and I was browsing the excursion list and noticed some fishing was available. He likes to fish, can anyone tell me if they are worth it? Thanks!

Hi Sayyadina.

My husband has taken the Deep Sea Fishing excursion from HMC twice, and enjoyed it both times. Same boat and same captain both times, an agreeable fellow. Excursion is limited to three people, so there's enough time for each person to have the rod.

He also took the fishing excursion in Key West. He liked that one, but not as much as the one from HMC. I think they had a late start because we were a little late getting clearance in Key West (re-entering the U.S. and all that). This one is also limited to three people.

To echo the above poster, I like the deep-sea fishing tour at HMC. Have done it twice, and had a great time both times.

I like to take the first trip in the morning. It leaves lots of time after fishing for beaching, swimming, adult beverages, lunch, etc.

I have caught dolphin, baracuda, wahoo and shark on this trip.

Give it a try. Cap't Jolly is a great guy!!!

Archived