Eurodam Tamarind panAsian Restaurant - Gluten

Classiccruiser777

We’re about to cruise on the Eurodam and we like Asian food. Does the Tamarind Restaurant facilitate gluten free diets? The reason I ask is that most varieties of soy and teriyaki sauces contain wheat (which contains gluten). I’d love to hear from anyone who is in the same boat that has eaten there.

I'm not "in the same boat" (I see what you did there 😉 ) However, we recently ate at the Tamarind on the Eurodam and each server asked us about food allergies.  I know that's only similar, not the same, but a great deal of attention was paid to it.   Other people we met on the cruise also commented on how diligent the servers were about food allergies.  I would expect (but cannot guarantee) they will be that diligent about gluten.

It may be worth your time to stop in PRIOR to your reservation to discuss this with the manager.

I have had the combination sushi (nigiri) but make sure it is raw fish only - no tempura shrimp or anything (including vegetable) tempura.

They will put together a sushi dish for you if you tell them what sushi items you want.  Too bad you cannot use soy.

Peter

DW is gluten intolerant and we love Tamarind. When we were on K'dam in June she had no problems with Tamarind. I know that Kikkomon has a GF soy sauce, but I can't recall if that was available (or requested). The Tamarind staff will ensure that your gluten concerns are addressed. Enjoy your cruise! 

On 1/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, Classiccruiser777 said:

We’re about to cruise on the Eurodam and we like Asian food. Does the Tamarind Restaurant facilitate gluten free diets? The reason I ask is that most varieties of soy and teriyaki sauces contain wheat (which contains gluten). I’d love to hear from anyone who is in the same boat that has eaten there.

Tamari is gluten free soy sauce. I’m sure they will have that. 

We are just off the Koningsdam and they did have tamari which is the gf substitute for soy sauce.   They changed their menu and no longer have gf tempura so we did not go.  They do accommodate the gluten free diet.