Wilderness Exploration and Crab Fest

1threadshort

I have done this excursion as well.  Some do the boat first and some do the boat after dining.

FWIW there are a lot of stairs down to and up from the lodge to the bus drop off.  There is a minivan that can give rides for those who cannot deal with the steps (need to ask for a ride). 

One piece of advice is to not eat too many of the free appetizers lest you diminish your crab capacity.  A large slice of NY cheesecake is served at the end of the meal but most  just take a single bite of it.  Let gluttony rule!!!

Here is a link to my excursion photos both flightseeing and wilderness excursions but same dining:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/ketchikan-2/ketchikan-crab-feasting

Enjoy your cruise planning.

One of the top 3 excursions we have done in our 2 Alaska cruises.  Highly recommend.  George Inlet Lodge does an excellent job.  Our boat captain fed the eagles that swooped down right next to the boat & the Dungeness crab is delicious.

14 hours ago, Crew News said:

I have done this excursion as well.  Some do the boat first and some do the boat after dining.

FWIW there are a lot of stairs down to and up from the lodge to the bus drop off.  There is a minivan that can give rides for those who cannot deal with the steps (need to ask for a ride). 

One piece of advice is to not eat too many of the free appetizers lest you diminish your crab capacity.  A large slice of NY cheesecake is served at the end of the meal but most  just take a single bite of it.  Let gluttony rule!!!

Here is a link to my excursion photos both flightseeing and wilderness excursions but same dining:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/ketchikan-2/ketchikan-crab-feasting

Enjoy your cruise planning.

lovely photos. what was the photo of with the wood walkway/stairs/roller coaster ride. i couldnt tell? tx.

21 hours ago, wolfie11 said:

Me!  But I can eat crab morning, noon, or night.  The tour was good, you go in the boat first and then to eat crab.  So the 9:45 tour should be eating around 11am.  Close enough!

so if we take the 9:45 tour we will make it back to the ship for 1 departure?

1 hour ago, 1threadshort said:

lovely photos. what was the photo of with the wood walkway/stairs/roller coaster ride. i couldnt tell? tx.

That is the staircase from the bus parking area down to the lodge.  If you would like a ride up or down, you have to ask your bus driver upon arrival and lodge personnel when departing.

The lodge often has a contest for the highest amount of crab debris per 4-top table so have a staking plan in mind when you sit down to eat.

Pay special attention to the crab-cracking instructions given before the eating begins.  Your cracking speed will definitely improve. 

1 hour ago, 1threadshort said:

so if we take the 9:45 tour we will make it back to the ship for 1 departure?

If you are on a ship-sponsored excursion, the ship will await your return from it.  If you are on a private excursion, the ship will not wait for you.