Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel with Kids

Sarahill31

Hi!

My husband and I are planning on visiting Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel with our two kids (ages 8 & 6) on our upcoming cruise and wanted to get feedback. Have others gone and are there a decent amount of kids there? I see Playa Mia fairly close as well but there just seems to be so much going on, I’d really like to have a nice relaxing time on the beach without all of the extras. I think my kids would have fun anywhere we went but I also don’t want to be the couple that brings their young kids if it’s mostly adults and we would be the odd man out there.

• Like 1

Mr. Sanchos has the all inclusive section (where you pre buy tickets) or the pay as you go beach section. IMO the pay as you go option is a great and affordable way to visit if you just want some beach time without all the other stuff. The facilities are nice and the restaurant is good and reasonably priced. If you want to go a little further down the island, Chankanaab Park would be fun for those ages without being overwhelming.  

Mr Sanchos has inflatables but precious little play space in the sand. In all the times we have been there, including with tweens/teens, I have seen very few little kids. One thing to note is that the inflatables are really difficult to climb onto! My hubby had to pull grown men up to them lol. Your children would feel out of place, but it may not be as much fun for them as an older kid.

We have been there twice with a variety of kids in tow. We went the all inclusive side as it is not much more expensive.  It is fine for kids and they tend to enjoy the swimming pools - note though there are some loose tiles and concrete around which means you have to be supervising them though. 

On 1/26/2019 at 7:16 AM, Athankfulheart said:

Mr Sanchos has inflatables but precious little play space in the sand. In all the times we have been there, including with tweens/teens, I have seen very few little kids. One thing to note is that the inflatables are really difficult to climb onto! My hubby had to pull grown men up to them lol. Your children would feel out of place, but it may not be as much fun for them as an older kid.

"Wouldn't feel out of place". Typo

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

We went to Mr. Sanchos as a couple and noticed plenty of children. However this cruise we will be sailing with our son and we opted for Playa Mia because there are more activities for kids. They both are good options and about even out but if you had to compare the two, Playa Mia is more family friendly however again, Mr. Sanchos has plenty of kids there. 

I extensively researched this for our upcoming Western Caribbean cruise ( kids will be 10, 7, 3.5) and was set of Playa Mia but then when i went to book it yesterday it was sold out for my date ( there are 8 boats in that day!) so then I searched again and I booked the Allegro....its totally not as well known as Mr. Sanchos, Paradise Beach or Play Mia but it looks great for kids and it was a little bit cheaper so I booked it.  I only have personal experience with Nochi Comi and it was great for just my hubby and I but my kids would of gotten bored really fast there! 

Not sure how Play Mia is too much. You can pick and choose what to do. If you want to be on the beach-Playa Mia offers that. 

Yes, they also have bars, restaurants, buffet, water toys, pool, small water park...but you don't have to do those things.