Need advice for Southern Caribbean ABC Is.

dacf

4 hours ago, dacf said:

Thanks Dan!  You must agree then with everyone else that the pools are opened and they're relaxing sea days?   I would also like to respond to others but I don't know how to do it.   When did you do that destination?

Didn't mean to mislead, but we're doing almost the exact itinerary on the Navigator this March. (although ours is 9 nights and we have Labadee sandwiched in between the two first sea days.  We haven't been to the ABC's yet, but are very excited for it.  I've greatly researched the ABC islands by now and know that they are going to be some of the best ports we've done yet.  They fit our style.  We love to snorkle, and the beach and local culture.  The ABC islands have amazing beaches and snorkeling and they are not "poorer" ports like you run into on Western Caribbean sailings. (nothing against them, just the facts).  We have rented cars to drive ourselves around Bonaire and plan to do a number of snorkeling stops, beach, salt pans, Flamingos and the slave huts.  On Curacao we have a private tour booked with "around Curacao tours" which has excellent reviews on Trip Advisor.  One of our primary interests on Curacao is to swim/snorkel with the sea turtles.  In all of our snorkeling excursions, we haven't seen sea turtles but it's pretty much gauranteed on Curacao.  On Aruba we are doing Jolly Pirates.  Included two snorkeling stops, lunch on the pirate ship and a rope swing that should be fun.  That is from 9am - 1pm and then I plan to get a bus or taxi to Eagle beach or Arashi Beach for a bit then return to the ship.

The two sea days at the start and end of your itinerary allow ample time to get to the ABC islands, and I've been on many a ship doing 22 + knots with no issue on the pool deck.  What makes the biggest difference are the prevailing winds.  If the wind is blowing front to aft on the ship it will be windy no matter how fast the ship is going.  If the wind is blowing with you in the direction you are going, it is very calm.

Hope that helps

To reply to someone specific, click the "Quote" button in their post, and it will insert their post into your reply at the bottom of the page.  Just enter your text below their quoted info.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher