Breakaway Haven

sunshinegirl29

Sailing soon on the Breakaway.  Staying in the haven, I heard kids are no longer allowed, is this

true?  Last year there were kids in the haven, curious.  Also wondering how the drink service is

in the haven.  In the past other bars on the ship you can wait forever. 

They'd better be allowed - we have a Haven 2 bedroom family suite on the Breakaway in March!

That being said, they also know that if they dont behave, they wont be enjoying the Haven amenities outside the stateroom (this is their 5th cruise, 3rd in Haven)

15 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Children are allowed in the Haven. The sundeck is 16 years-old and older.

So Kids under 16 can basicly only stay in the courtyard? So even deck 17 inside?

And some people are wondering why they run around there...no other place to be...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, Kalum said:

So Kids under 16 can basicly only stay in the courtyard? So even deck 17 inside?

And some people are wondering why they run around there...no other place to be...

On 1/24/2019 at 4:44 PM, Kalum said:

Kids are allowed eveeywhere in rhe Haven with exception of the outside sun deck.  So yes, they can be interior deck 17 overlooking the pool.  

This seems crazy.....and not at all anything we've experienced with several previous stays in the Haven on other ships.  I am going to guess this isn't something enforced, particularly if they are with parents.  My teens love to hand out on the top deck with us.  I assume it's to keep a bunch of teens taking over the hot tub or being loud.  Can't imagine anyone telling them to leave if they are with us. 

1 hour ago, cruising7 said:

This seems crazy.....and not at all anything we've experienced with several previous stays in the Haven on other ships.  I am going to guess this isn't something enforced, particularly if they are with parents.  My teens love to hand out on the top deck with us.  I assume it's to keep a bunch of teens taking over the hot tub or being loud.  Can't imagine anyone telling them to leave if they are with us. 

If they are with you and behaved don't see an issue, now if they, not meaning you, but they as a rule became unruly and other guests complained I could see where they would ask the kids to leave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruising7 said:

This seems crazy.....and not at all anything we've experienced with several previous stays in the Haven on other ships. 

It's a new policy that started a few months ago and spread from one ship to the next. It may not have been in effect on your previous Haven sailings. 

The sign is this...

5aec03428cac1e927e1506c71d0dc496.jpg

...so if you didn't see it at the sundeck entrance door, it wasn't in effect. 

I agree that if underage, well-behaved, and with parents, kids should be allowed but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Another option could be to have the port side of the front-facing sundeck for all ages of Haven guests and the starboard side (same side as VIBE) for those 16 or 18 and older. Joy, Bliss, and Encore already have the entire sundeck for Haven guests but Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape would need the Haven to take over the public sundeck. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Thanks for the information!  My boys are 14, 16, and 18.  My 14 y/o looks 16.  So unless they are actually checking key cards and ages LOL I am not too worried.  They usually just come up there to talk to and nap with us 🙂 . I am glad for the policy really, as a parent of older kids!  I am surprised they started this, as it has never been an issue with any of our Haven stays, with plenty of space up there and very low-key families.  Several loud, drunk adults hogged the hot tub every day on one cruise...wonder if there is a policy in place for that in the Haven haha! 

Edited by cruising7

On 1/24/2019 at 5:10 PM, sunshinegirl29 said:

Sailing soon on the Breakaway.  Staying in the haven, I heard kids are no longer allowed, is this

true?  Last year there were kids in the haven, curious.  Also wondering how the drink service is

in the haven.  In the past other bars on the ship you can wait forever. 

We've stayed in the Haven on other ships and never had to wait long at all even in peak times.  The bartenders are amazing and will quickly learn your preferences and favorites and make suggestions.  You will be pleased!