carnival FTTF

sltrn

5 minutes ago, bartleby112 said:

we never attempted to put 3 kids 1 through 6 in one room and wife and i in the other.  We just assumed that it needed an adult.  worst case i could get my  wife and 3 and 1 year old the FTTF and maybe they let them on and me and the older have to hang out. 

Ok ~ trying to look back but couldn’t see...thought your rooms were both ocean view connecting...perhaps they are just adjacent.  Heck no lol I die first before I would have thought to split with tiny ones like yours!!!  Mine were 16, 14 and 10.  Y’all have your plan right...and your secondary thought to have to hang back sounds like what I would personally do too.  Unless you get a real stickler, I bet they let everyone on board together though.  The other benefits once you are all on board still stand. 

At the end of the day, FTTF all comes down to traveler preference.  I have had it on some cruises and not on others.  I personally enjoy it if its just myself and the wife.  I am the type of traveler that likes to be first on the plane, first on the ship, etc.  We like to get on early and enjoy lunch and explore the trip.  Technically the first day of the cruise is one of your cruising days, so the earlier we are on the more we can enjoy.  I never plan any activities on the day of the cruise.  The morning is spent grabbing breakfast then heading to the cruise port to get our luggage to the porters, and waiting to get on the ship. 

Now that being said, when we sail on Mardi Gras out of Copenhagen, Denmark, I'm not sure if I will spend the money for that.  But then again, with 5200 people on the ship, it may be worth the money.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the replies. I finally got the FTTF 2 nights ago about 1:45 am. I was so excited to see there was no sold out under it, I could not believe my eyes but it was true! I quickly bought it before it changed. Checked again about 5am and it was sold out again. 

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 12:51 PM, ishap said:

At the end of the day, FTTF all comes down to traveler preference.  I have had it on some cruises and not on others.  I personally enjoy it if its just myself and the wife.  I am the type of traveler that likes to be first on the plane, first on the ship, etc.  We like to get on early and enjoy lunch and explore the trip.  Technically the first day of the cruise is one of your cruising days, so the earlier we are on the more we can enjoy.  I never plan any activities on the day of the cruise.  The morning is spent grabbing breakfast then heading to the cruise port to get our luggage to the porters, and waiting to get on the ship. 

Now that being said, when we sail on Mardi Gras out of Copenhagen, Denmark, I'm not sure if I will spend the money for that.  But then again, with 5200 people on the ship, it may be worth the money.

Odds are really good FTTF will not be available on Mardi Gras for the first several months due to the number of D&Ps on the ship. 

7 hours ago, sltrn said:

Thanks for all the replies. I finally got the FTTF 2 nights ago about 1:45 am. I was so excited to see there was no sold out under it, I could not believe my eyes but it was true! I quickly bought it before it changed. Checked again about 5am and it was sold out again. 

YAY! So happy you got it. Persistence pays off. Have fun on your cruise!

Hi OP,

I booked in October 2018 for my March 31st Dream Cruise out of N.O.  Of course, I immediately went to purchase FTTF. SOLD OUT.  This is a first! 

I just checked about 15 minutes ago (1:00am) still Sold Out. SInce booking I've become obsessed and go online too many times a day.☺️

That's my experience. I'll check before heading to bed, and I'll continue to keep checking.  Yes, I've called Carnival, most recently early this evening. Rep just repeated what the site says .... Sold Out.

Bobbi

On 2/2/2019 at 3:18 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Odds are really good FTTF will not be available on Mardi Gras for the first several months due to the number of D&Ps on the ship. 

Probably very true...especially it's maiden voyage.  If that's the case, we may just enjoy Denmark for a couple extra hours before we head to the port.  Though I will say that embarking from a port in Europe will be a whole new experience for me...as will debarking.

OP I've been stalking FTTF since I booked our December 2019 cruise on the Valor out of NOLA. FTTF wasn't available at the time of booking and since I booked so far in advance I initially thought I was "too early" to snag one. Well since that time I have been waiting and waiting (even called a few times) and just today after months of being on the look out I called and asked again if they would be available and the PVP says it's uploaded to the excursions. Say what? LOL 

So I go back to the website and sure enough there it was and I snagged one even though the price went up $20 from the last time I bought for my cruise in June. So the never give up mantra is correct and I'm glad I persisted. It was the last piece to my booking puzzle and now I can look forward to early boarding for our first ever wrap-around balcony! 

Yes, it's a lot of money but I worked for it and want to enjoy my vacation so whatever eases my mind is worth whatever the cost as I am sure is the same for others who purchase FTTF as well. Same for those who don't choose to spend the money on FTTF and use it for something else. It's your vacation so do what makes you happy, comfortable and able to enjoy your earned vacation to the fullest. 

• Like 1

So I have been stalking for MONTHS for a FTTF for my first ever cruise this April 2019.  I was up all night with my doggie who had and up set tummy and checked at 250AM EST and there it was!!  I purchased it and I am so happy!  Keep looking at random times it really does come available.  Unfortunately, at  6AM when I got back up for work it was sold out again.  Just keep looking  I hope you get it too!!!!

• Like 1

I was in same boat, then mid-afternoon 55 days out for our March 30 Freedom, I finally logged on and didn't see the sold out indication.  Booked all three of our cabins right then and there.  It was sold out again 3 hours later.

Keep trying

• 4 weeks later...

@DeesEscape from what i understand FTTF isnt available until a certain amount of months after a booking starts becoming available. I booked us for a Sept 2019 last January when they started showing up on the calendar but FTTF for that particular one didnt start coming available until last May. I've also read that once they sell out u should start looking for them again on the day that final payments are due because thats when carnival starts kicking out either ones from people who havent made their final payments or from people who have cancelled

On 3/12/2019 at 8:50 AM, sailing~wench said:

@LovetheTXsun if u get FTTF its for everyone in the cabin - not specific people in a given cabin so you all would be able to get on early and none of u would hang back unless u urself chose to do that

Right!  What I was referring to was if you had 2 rooms.  Myself & hubby in one, my 3 teen/pre-teens across the hall.  One FTTF for our room is all I could get.  But Carnival would never split kids fr parents, so they were able to come along w us even though their “room” did not have FTTF~ boarding, tendering, etc. 😊