RCCL Blue Lagoon Deluxe Island Beach Break Review

Ogtubbx3

Sailing on the Allure of the Seas currently, and wanted to leave a review for this excursion that we had planned through the ship for our Nassau stop. I planned this ahead of time and paid $77pp. 

We had gotten our excursion tickets in our stateroom when it was available on the first day. The meeting time was 9am on the tickets. When we departed the ship on the day of the excursion there was meeting locations set up for each excursion. We turned in our tickets for wristbands that said 9:45, which made me question why we weren’t leaving for almost an hour after the excursion ticket stated. We also received our tickets for our welcome drink and lunch.

The time came and we all followed the excursion leader through the pier to a two-level pontoon style boat for our transportation to the island. There was two of these boats, and ours was definitely not cramped. On the way (roughly 30mins) we were given a tour which included all of the famous celebrity homes that we passed... Tiger Woods, Jay-Z, Oprah, Michael Jordan, and Michael Jackson. (As well as the area in the opening credits of Gilligans island) The entire time the captain and his crew were having a blast getting the whole boat dancing and playing music for us.

As we arrived it was breathtaking just like I had been expecting. We got off the boat and began to explore right away. The dolphins were just to the right of the boat dock area and that’s where we went first. This area was way larger than expected and after seeing the dolphins and the trainers I had no doubts that they are taken very well care of. We got to see them jumping and playing while the trainers were not with them as well. The dolphin section is larger than the other animals but every spot is gorgeous regardless. I would say all of the animals have a very large area to roam. I highly recommend booking something that includes the dolphins if you’re questioning it due to watching a group and they were having a blast in the water.

After this we we explored all of the different beaches and sections of the whole island. There is a gift shop that had a good selection. The bathrooms are surprisingly clean. 

We had been advised of the signs that had the departure times for two different boats you could take back to the pier and there are several of these signs on the island. We took the later boat and had some time to shop near the pier. 

The food was good and the drinks were too, just a little watered down. I tend to think that if your going to these excursions you cannot always expect the best of the food and other amenities. Obviously they don’t have gourmet chefs cooking the food.. but I had no issues with it. If it was gross I would be the first to tell you. Hamburgers, hot dogs, fried chicken, fries, peas & rice, salad bar, etc. There is also a roof top area to eat on that is gorgeous. I had tried the conch fritters also that was not included in the price. There are several bars around the island. Also stands for carvings and other souvenirs and hair braiding.

We had walked past the VIP section and I’m glad we did not book this. Nothing against the area but we had the whole island to explore and had no issues with finding a quiet spot, I feel it would be a waste to spend extra to stay at the back of the island inside a roped area the whole time. We had crossed the bridge and found even more “bed things” with nobody around so we stayed there for a little bit too. We also had a lot of hammock areas to choose from some more secluded, but everything was very relaxing.

We would book again for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thanks for the review!  We had planned to do the VIP section, but decided not to after seeing how not fun the RCI VIP section looked.  We are doing Pearl Island instead.

Yes I think spending less for the deluxe and basically getting the whole island to explore is much better value. Enjoy pearl island! That was one of our contenders as well. 

17 minutes ago, Cruising to Retirement said:

Looks Wonderful-  How were the prices for Drinks and food.. 

I didn’t go to the bars other than once to try the conch fritters, but I don’t think the drinks were bad..not overly expensive. Maybe like around $5/$6 on average?

Thanks for the review!  I'll be there in a few weeks with my husband and our 5 year old.  We're also sailing with Royal so I was happy to read about your experience.  I too would have been slightly annoyed at the start time being vague had I not read this post.  I'm glad the rest of your time spent at the lagoon was enjoyable.  We booked the dolphin encounter (it was our son's "must do" activity).  Not sure if lunch is included with what we paid for but we'll see!  Enjoy the rest of your trip and again thanks for posting!

5 minutes ago, HappyHuman said:

Thanks for the review!  I'll be there in a few weeks with my husband and our 5 year old.  We're also sailing with Royal so I was happy to read about your experience.  I too would have been slightly annoyed at the start time being vague had I not read this post.  I'm glad the rest of your time spent at the lagoon was enjoyable.  We booked the dolphin encounter (it was our son's "must do" activity).  Not sure if lunch is included with what we paid for but we'll see!  Enjoy the rest of your trip and again thanks for posting!

I think your son will have a great time with the dolphins! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 6:36 PM, kkling09 said:

Thanks for this review! The pictures look beautiful. Do you know if there is a place to rent snorkel gear on the island?

I believe so , there’s a stand for all the rental stuff to the left of where you dock

On 2/12/2019 at 9:17 AM, Mrsdigi said:

Hi-did you use cash or pay via credit card for the conch fritters? Just planning how cash much to bring. Thanks 

Cash I think, I would just bring more cash than you think you’ll need.

Thank you for the very helpful review and sharing the nice pictures!  I'm considering this option while in Nassau in a couple of weeks with my wife.  Can you comment on how the snorkeling is at Blue Lagoon?  I'd really like to do some snorkeling and was curious to see how it was there.  Also, are you able to snorkel freely off the beach or are there specific areas they require you to stay within?

Thank you in advance for your help!

51 minutes ago, scotteh20 said:

Thank you for the very helpful review and sharing the nice pictures!  I'm considering this option while in Nassau in a couple of weeks with my wife.  Can you comment on how the snorkeling is at Blue Lagoon?  I'd really like to do some snorkeling and was curious to see how it was there.  Also, are you able to snorkel freely off the beach or are there specific areas they require you to stay within?

Thank you in advance for your help!

We did not snorkel at this excursion, nor did I see anyone snorkeling. The beaches had rough water conditions while we were there and nobody could swim, therefore no snorkeling. I am not able to help with your questions. 

24 minutes ago, Ogtubbx3 said:

We did not snorkel at this excursion, nor did I see anyone snorkeling. The beaches had rough water conditions while we were there and nobody could swim, therefore no snorkeling. I am not able to help with your questions. 

Thank you for the quick response.  I appreciate the input and your help.