Azura - balcony cabins

sparky876

Hello looking for advice please 

we are going to book a balcony cabin on Azura and wondered which deck may be the best?  I understand c deck offers larger balconies however A and B decks balconies and not overlooked. Any tips about balconies and the ship in general would be greatly appreciated. 

Although C deck cabins are overlooked it is only partially overlooked. You can still sit at the back of the balcony and not be seen. You then have the option of sun/shade and also somewhere to sit if it is raining. In my opinion they are the best cabins to have.

1 hour ago, sparky876 said:

Hello looking for advice please 

we are going to book a balcony cabin on Azura and wondered which deck may be the best?  I understand c deck offers larger balconies however A and B decks balconies and not overlooked. Any tips about balconies and the ship in general would be greatly appreciated. 

The concept of balconies being"overlooked" on Grand Class Ships like Azura (and Ventura) as a problem makes me think it is exaggerated.  The fact is most people sit on balconies and when doing so you cannot see any of those below.  The only time you can actually observe people in the balconies below is when you stand at the rail.  People never do this for long.

A brilliant video of a C Deck balcony which would have the same layout as Azura is on YouTube is entitled:

Crown Princess Balcony Room Tour!

Cruise Ship Travel Vlog!

The part showing, on the balcony and the other balconies above and below are near the end, it is explicit in terms of balcony juxtaposition and what you can see from your cabin.

Edited by john watson

D deck balconies are good, very overlooked (don’t care) but totally open to the sun (wonderful).

The D deck cabins are bigger (have a sofa) and have bath as well as shower.

However, they are called superior deluxe or on Princess are called mini

suites and obviously cost more. My choice every time. Hope that helps.

We have never sailed on Azura but have been on her sister ship, Ventura. Did not like our superior deck D cabin so on Azura in April we have gone for a cabin recommended by a CC member - B749

It is an aft cabin and has a great balcony. Have included a clip from Crown Princess as this is yet another sister ship and it is gives an idea of the balcony space.