Pool Use in Alaska???

Fill them - its summer for goodness sakes - daytime temps in the 70's and 80's. Particularly when in port, it can be plenty warm enough to use them. At sea it tends to be a bit too breazy, but we had that situation on our HI cruise. - you're all a bunch of wimps!:D

On our 6-10-05 cruise, the water in both pools was downright cold. The outside pool was only filled and available for 3 days and the Solarium was only filled and available for 3 days. They kept posting a sign that said "due to government regulations, the pool had to be emptied and cleaned prior to reaching the next port (something like that). So I didn't use the Solarium until the 3rd night. I only used the outside while docked in Skagway, that was the only day in early June that the temp got near the mid 70's. RCItv kept reporting the pool water as being 80 degrees, even when there was no water in the pool!!!!!!!!!!

On Serenade of the Seas in September 2005, they heated both the indoor and the outdoor pools. I tried them both, although I was the only one in the outdoor pool at the time! The water felt great, getting out of the outdoor pool was quite cold.

Others on the cruise used the jacuzzis quite a bit - they were popular both in the Solarium and outdoors.

Archived