Shore excursion see dolphins Oman

KathyBC

Khasab is stunning for dolphin watching as the landscape is like fjords.

We booked online with https://www.dolphinkhasabtours.com/ and would happily recommend them.  Excellent service picking you up from the port gates and nice clean dhows. 

Muscat you must go to the souk and the mosque.

We also used the above named company, excellent service and the price is less than 50% of MSC price for same tour.

there is nothing to do in the town of Khasab other than an old fort with very few shops/cafes. In Muscat there isn't plenty to see such as the Mosque, great beaches, views etc.

7 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

We also used the above named company, excellent service and the price is less than 50% of MSC price for same tour.

there is nothing to do in the town of Khasab other than an old fort with very few shops/cafes. In Muscat there isn't plenty to see such as the Mosque, great beaches, views etc.

Thanks for the heads up - I will have a look at this company. I got to the credit card payment stage with another company and thank goodness looked at the ship itinerary. Out ship docks an hour after the little boats take off …………. Sigh!

6 hours ago, KathyBC said:

Thanks for the heads up - I will have a look at this company. I got to the credit card payment stage with another company and thank goodness looked at the ship itinerary. Out ship docks an hour after the little boats take off …………. Sigh!

I contacted 5 companies (the first 5 in tripadvisor) and all of them said that they will wait for the ship passengers, no matter how late they arrive ;) For instance, our ship will not dock, will tender at 9 and our meeting point at the port is booked for 9 too.

Dolphin tours will wait, we arrived in port from tender about 9.15, there were some already on bus and then more arrived in tender at 9.30.

we then transported to the Harbour and dhow cast off about 10am and it was a great trip, water, soft drinks and fruit provided as well as towels and masks for swimming.

a great trip!!

On 1/27/2019 at 7:10 PM, KathyBC said:

There are excursions to to take from both Muscat and Khasab. Any thoughts if one is better an the other

Are you docking in Muscat? We will be visiting next year so no excursions listed are yet but the dolphin trip in Khasab sounds excellent. I've not yet properly started research so I'm uncertain if both are accessible from Muscat. 

2 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Are you docking in Muscat? We will be visiting next year so no excursions listed are yet but the dolphin trip in Khasab sounds excellent. I've not yet properly started research so I'm uncertain if both are accessible from Muscat. 

Muscat is a considerable distance from Khasab!.

Dolphins and the dhow in Khasab.  Yes they even supply towels!

IMG_6338.JPG

Edited by little britain