Anchorage Hotel & Transfer to Seward

alexamoss93

I am looking for input on the best option for where to stay in Anchorage for one night, and then for our transfer from Anchorage to Seward. We are booked for our honeymoon on the Norwegian Jewel departing Seward on Monday 9/2/19. Our wedding is Saturday 8/31/19, and our flight is Sunday 9/1/19 and arrives in Anchorage at 10:30 pm Sunday. None of that can be changed, so here's where I am stumped. We will obviously be tired after a wedding and traveling from PA to Alaska, but I am having a hard time stomaching paying $150+ for a hotel for MAYBE 6-7 hours (if we were to take the train from Anchorage to Seward, which I have seen rave reviews for, but it leaves at 6:45 Monday morning). The other option that I have seen is to take a bus, which is cheaper than the train and leaves at 11:30, which means the $150 for the hotel is definitely worth it. I haven't been able to find a hotel that offers Airport transfers for cheaper than that. We are young (mid 20's) and adventurous, and a train sounds so much more our style than a bus ride. Maybe we should just sleep in the airport for 6 hours then get a ride to the train station... lol kidding (kind of)

Any ideas/input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!  

Don't  forget you are "gaining"  4 hours,  so may not be as objecting to the early train.   The benefit of this time,  is,  you can then take advantage of being in Seward and enjoy one of the superb touring options.   You're hardly seeing anything of mainland Alaska and may find the option to take advantage of being there attractive?   

Hi,

we are arriving on the Jewel In Seward on July 8

they are putting on charter train to airport arriving around 11.30  leaving ship around 7 am that was announced last week cruise manager with other tours.

that being the case then I expect a charter to ship leaving airport to ship around 12 , arriving 5 pm 

so keep that option open 

Thanks for all the input! I looked into the NCL chartered train and looks like they do have one leaving Anchorage at 12pm, getting to Seward around 5. Will probably be booking that one so as to have a few more hours of sleep and not to feel as rushed! Can’t wait!