Procedure at Southampton for changing ships. Three Queens

Merrymacs

Was wondering what the procedure is when swapping Cunard ships in port. We get off the Mary and onto Elizabeth, then onto Victoria all in Southampton. Do we or Cunard transfer bags? Can you go ship to ship direct or have to completely disembark and go through the whole embarkation process?  I’m actually looking forward to walking Southampton so not fazed about time off ship. The big thing will be the baggage as we have plenty

cheers.

When I changed ships in Southampton a few years ago, I think I had to take my bags through HM Customs but Cunard handled the transfer while I walked into town.

I cannot now recall whether I just gave the bags to the transfer people (I think I did) or whether there was a bus over to the next terminal to check in the bags. But there was definitely normal checkin when I got back.

Edited by Dancer Bob

My experience has been ,'You' will need to Collect your own luggage from the arrivals hall in the usual way and take it through Customs. You will have been given 'special additional luggage labels' for the transfer of your luggage to the next cruise terminal/ship.

In the arrivals hall, remove the old disembarkation labels and attach the new ones.  You 'must' see that all your luggage is loaded onto the transport that will be waiting just outside the arrivals terminal ( there will be Cunard agents on hand to direct you) My advice is, do make sure that you've seen all of your luggage is loaded onto the transport ( don't rely on any shore side agents to do it for you) 

You are free to make your own way to the next cruise terminal, either on the additional 'guest transport' that will be waiting for you or, you can go for a walk about around Southampton. 

On arrival at the next cruise terminal you will check-in in the usual way ( If remember correctly,  you will need to identify your own luggage that will be  behind a special roped off area, your luggage will then be loaded onto the ship in the usual way)     

Edited by Bell Boy