Independence Day Cruise to Canada

Jeffrey1950

On this particular cruise do most people follow the Cunard dress requirement's for evenings or is it more relaxed. My last cruise which was thirteen days I noticed that the dress code was starting to slip. I found myself some nights sitting in all my dress up glory next to a lady who had looked like she was dressed to go to the Mall shopping. I am not a snob but I am paying for the splendor of Cunard. Please, let me know your experience on this cruise.

Thank you !!

I'm told that this getaway cruise is historically a bit more relaxed, as is the case with most of their "break" jaunts - and most years, it IS a shorter cruise (5-6 nights). However, this year, it's a full 7 day itinerary, which may shade things closer to the traditional atmosphere and dressing. In any event, I'm certain that the usual (non-crossing) 2 formal + 5 informal night practice will be in force for the cruise.

I hope to see you aboard this year. You'll find my husband and myself in black dinner jacket/tux on the two gala evenings, and wearing a tie with our navy blazers on about half of the smart casual nights.

We're really looking forward to this itinerary ...and it's always wonderful to return to the QM2.