Mexican Cruises and SeaSickness

Mjjpower

I am planning our third cruise. First two were for Alaska and they were short. No seasickness. This cruise would be Mexican Riviera in April. I have read conflicting reports of sea sickness...are the waters less rough in April by chance? Of course I understand weather plays a factor in this and can be unpredictable but any feedback would be great. Also debating between ships...Carnival Pride or Princess Sapphire?

First of all go with Princess.

Much much better, a lot fancier, just good quality. If that's what you're looking for.

If you want kids fun and pool fun and all that go to Carnival.

About sea sickness, don't worry about it, I just did a mexican riviera cruise this past week, it kinda moved but not at the degree to really worry about it.

April should be a lot calmer, I'm from Mexico so trust me on this one buddy

The only thing you want to keep in mind, don't swim in the ocean too much, April is the period of jelly fishes in Mexico, and god does it hurt when they attack, so just be aware of that specially in Acapulco.

We have sailed San Francisco/Mexico twice and have had smooth sailing both times. i also suggest Sapphire, a beautiful ship. If you are concerned about sea sickness just take some precautions, meds, patch, sea bands, etc.

2 things if you are worried about being sea sick try what DW & DS do every day they get up starting the day before we leave and they take Bonnine along with their daily vitamins

the 2nd thing is for your cruise why not look at the Oosterdam for Mexico :D

We booked the Princess Cruise....very good prices. I'm glad to hear about the ideas for Seasickness....I have never been sea sick but the thought of it worries me. I remember taking a small boat over to Catalina Island years ago and peopel were throwing up over the side and in the bathrooms but I didn't get sick so I'm probably okay.

At the first breakfast of our first cruise we were told by seasoned cruisers, keep your stomach full and you won't get seasick. I'm prone to motion sickness and believe me this worked. Felt icky one morning went to breakfast, forced myself to eat and baddaboom, it's a miracle I was HEALED. Can I have an Amen.

Archived