FJORD TO TROLL'S ROAD FROM ALESUND QUESTIONS

thuyronald

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a private tour from Alesund to Troll's Road using Norway Excursions.  https://www.norwayexcursions.com/en/activity/169624/alesund-private-from-fjords-to-trolls

I was wondering if anyone has done this and can provide tips on best use of our time.  If there were stops that seemed too short and could use more time, I would like to have that information to see if we can adjust our schedule at other stops to allow this.

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  

Twee

We were on Holland America's Viking Passage last summer.  One of our ports was Alesund, and one of our fellow cruisers, CC Poster GeorgeCharlie, organized a"Fjords to Trolls" tour with Norway Excursions.  We did not go on this particular tour, so I can't help you there, but I do recall that he posted his comments about it over on the HAL board after our cruise, starting at the link below.  He does frequent this board and may well see your post here and hopefully will be able to help you from personal experience, but I hope this will get you started. 

We rented a car with Avis, about 15 minutes walk from the cruise terminal in Alesund. We drove the circular route to Trollstigen and loved it. We left about 8.30, stopped a lot for photos,had a drink and lunch en route and were back in Alesund in time. We even visited the mt. aksla viewpoiint after that and were back on board just before 5 pm.

It was a great day, easy to do yourself!

Thank you Turtles06 for the link to a previous review.  

Unfortunately, our time in Alesund is only 8 hours and it will be a Sunday when we are there.  Doing the private tour to Troll's Road is our preferred choice.  We're hoping to have enough time at the end of the tour to visit Mt. Aksla viewpoint before going to the ship.

Thank you for your assistance.

Twee