where to book on the glory???

casidy_123

Hi all! I'm booking on the glory next week and was wondering if I should choose a cat 6a cabin guarentee. I have a few questions,
1- what is the probability that I will get upgraded? if I am upgraded is it free? like if I end up getting a balcony room I don't have to pay more right?
2- If I end up getting a room either far in the front or far back of the ship will the roll be really bad? (I'm going october 16 sailing)

I have been on the paradise last year same time of year and was in ocean view room (r153) which is in the middel of the ship and there was no roll at all. So just wondering if at the ends of the ship I will have a really bad rolling feeling?

Hi. No you won't have to pay for the upgrade if you get one. As far as the "roll" it may be a little more noticeable if you are really far forward or aft. I understand that you feel it more forward. Also, with an upgrade, you take the chance on getting put above or below a noisy public area or near elevators. Really, it just depends on how adventurous you are. I prefer to book a specific cabin to get the location I want, but it really just comes down to personal preference. You will really enjoy the Glory. We sailed on her last November and are going back for a second cruise this November. Happy cruising.

Joanne [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

11/27 Carnival Glory Cruise
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;11;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

On the glory, 70% of the staterooms have balconies. You are much more likely to get upgraded to a balcony on this ship as opposed to an older ship where only suites have balconies. Your odds depend on how well your sailing sells. If there are a lot of balconies unsold at the time of sailing, you may be in luck. As for your 2nd question, roll is the side to side motion of the ship and will be noticeable on all higher decks. Pitch is the up and down motion that will be more noticeable at the front and back of the ship. That being the case, lower midship rooms will experience the least amount of movement. In my experience, roll is more of a problem than pitch. I am prone to motion sickness and have never haver a problem, but I have never sailed in October either.

Jubilee..May 2002
Sensation...May 2003
Glory...April 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;4;17;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived