WiFi and how do they track it?

nyhitmen

So I was reading about the Wifi and I came up with two questions

1- Does the Wifi allow you to receive text messages?

2- It says only one person on at a time. So if my fiance and I only use it one person at a time how they know she is with me to use what I paid for? Or is it linked to a certain device

1) Possibly but it’s not officially supported. We have Verizon and my last two cruises I had the value plan. With airplane mode on, almost the entire time, I showed VZW WIFI as my carrier and calls and texts came through. It did not work for my wife however so YMMV on this.

2) It’s linked to a device. You initially “log in” using the Hub app. If you want to use it on another device, you’d go to logout.com in a browser and then would need to log in on the other device. It will only work on one device at a time. You can each buy a plan however if you both want it. 

Edited by bigcstyle4

When your purchase a package, it will be associated to your name (and when aboard ship, your folio number). If only one has a package then sharing can be done by using the sign in info of the one who's name the package is under. Only one device can be signed in at any given time using that passengers credentials. 

If you go the hub app route, remember to leave the app open, in order to get the messages. I am one who always clears apps, so I'd forget. Luckily the app has a popup message that says "reopen to get your messages."

The trick is that the log in is the ID # and birthdate for the person who ordered it. If she logs in and you are still connected, it will give her the option to disconnect you (convenient if you did didn't bother to log out; annoying if you are using it at the time.)

Though I didn't try it, I am told that if you both have iPhones, the iMessages work over wifi, BUT you could only send it when logged in, and she could only receive it when you are logged in. Okay if you both have a package. Otherwise, it is probably worth the $5 each for the Hub App messaging if you plan to be apart a lot and need to text.

I have AT&T as my cell provider, which has wi-fi calling.  I purchase the value internet plan and then turn on airplane mode and wi-fi calling.  I am able to send text messages and make calls most of the time.  There are times where it does not work, but usually only an hour or so.