Dave Matthews Cruise......have you seen this??

1corona4u

Tell me why a superior oceanview costs on this cruise what the Owner's suite does on other cruises. Just because they are famous stars and the cruise is being affiliated with VH1, the prices gouged way up. This is wrong. If I am in that desperate need to see Dave Matthews, I can just goto a concert. I still can't wait for my Spring Break'06 cruise on the Majesty, March 6. Me and the guys are countin it down.

Tell me why a superior oceanview costs on this cruise what the Owner's suite does on other cruises. Just because they are famous stars and the cruise is being affiliated with VH1, the prices gouged way up. This is wrong. If I am in that desperate need to see Dave Matthews, I can just goto a concert. I still can't wait for my Spring Break'06 cruise on the Majesty, March 6. Me and the guys are countin it down.

It is that much more expensive because they have to pay the band. They aren't doing it for free, and I can tell you that they are very expensive for private shows.

I think the promoters of this cruise are the ones that really rake in the profits. Do the math...

~5000 passengers @ $1000 more per pax than the cruise should cost equals $5million profit.

I can assure you thata the band gets a cut, but probably not much more than a million, leaving the promoters fat and sassy again.

These promoters are also running a Kenny Chesney cruise a few weeks later, same set up, different musicians. Must be profitable!

bobj

I think the promoters of this cruise are the ones that really rake in the profits. Do the math...

~5000 passengers @ $1000 more per pax than the cruise should cost equals $5million profit.

I can assure you thata the band gets a cut, but probably not much more than a million, leaving the promoters fat and sassy again.

These promoters are also running a Kenny Chesney cruise a few weeks later, same set up, different musicians. Must be profitable!

bobj

That's assuming it gets sold out. It's only two weeks away and as far as I can tell, every cabin category is still available.

Wow. Am I reading it wrong? Those prices are for a 4day/3 night cruise?

You got it.

However, I would SERIOUSLY consider a Jimmy Buffett cruise... :D

After considering it, I would take the money needed, book a 10 night, less crowded, more relaxing cruise, and listen to my 650 Jimmy Buffett songs on my IPod.

I found out about it because in the last few days, they have started to advertise it on TV....you'd think they would have done that months ago...bet they don't sell it out, and what happens if they can't tender at Cococay...man, there are going to be some pretty mad people........from the website;

Will Dave Matthews & Friends be traveling and/or performing on the ships?

No, Dave Matthews & Friends will be performing a special island concert near Nassau, Bahamas only.

Will Dave Matthews & Friends be traveling and/or performing on the ships?

No, Dave Matthews & Friends will be performing a special island concert near Nassau, Bahamas only.

You only get ONE concert? Yipe. I guess if I was paying THAT much, I'd want a ship performance - or at least a CocoCay concert, too. That sure sounds like only one performance. I'll save the money and go to one of his concets for a portion of the price. Or better yet, I won't go to a concert and put that money toward a cruise! :) I'll listen to Dave Matthews in the tanning bed and pretend it's live on a special island.

You only get ONE concert? Yipe. I guess if I was paying THAT much, I'd want a ship performance - or at least a CocoCay concert, too. That sure sounds like only one performance. I'll save the money and go to one of his concets for a portion of the price. Or better yet, I won't go to a concert and put that money toward a cruise! :) I'll listen to Dave Matthews in the tanning bed and pretend it's live on a special island.

Apparently there are other bands, that will play both ships, switching in Nassau. But dave Matthews is only performing on Cococay.

I love Dave Matthews.. but no way would I spend that kind of money. I'll just go see him in concert and take a 7 day cruise instead :)

I do have a friend that is going on this cruise.. so I can't wait to find out how it turns out!

That would be COOL, but I'd rather take a 10 day cruise for the same price... :eek:

My thoughts exactly! I'm a HUGE DMB fan--LOVE his live concerts and can think of nothing finer than seeing him perform on a Caribbean island...however, the prices were outrageous for a three-day cruise:eek: I am really disappointed that I won't be going though!

Just doing a quick check of an online agency for the week after this cruise, you can get an inside for $344 per person incl taxes/port. Thats about $850 cheaper than the band cruise. Way too much money to get some extra shows and a concert imo. The outsides that are $1499 pp are going for $469-509pp the next week. I've been seeing some Transatlantic 14-16 day cruises for that price!

I have seen this. They have been trying to sell this for months now. I wonder why it is not selling.

Been thinking the exact same thing. Took part in a contest 2 weeks ago with VH1 for tickets and then another with the Warehouse site (DMB fan site) last week. Didn't win of course, but couldn't help thinking the tickets weren't selling well if there were these contests so far after first announcing the cruise/concert. I am a huge Dave Matthews fan and combining a Dave Matthews and Friends show with a cruise was 'died and gone to heaven' for me, but prices were just too expensive.

Originally it was marketed only on their fanclub website (Warehouse.com). I think that they thought that it would sell out fast--as do all of their regular "land" concerts. I think that they were too optimistic with their pricing though! Not too many fans willing (or able) to shell out the "Big Bucks!" I have paid over $300 per ticket (on EBAY) for really good seats to a concert...and it's killing me not to be able to go on this cruise...but I have to put braces on BOTH of my kids next month:eek: Really cuts into my "luxury $$" Oh well...maybe next time!

Archived