Dave Matthews Cruise......have you seen this??

1corona4u

My husband and I will be going on this cruise (Sovereign). We are really looking forward to it. There are a lot of people from the fanclub that are getting called to see if they want to upgrade from an interior room to an oustide room, so my guess is they are trying to free up some of the cheaper rooms for more bookings. We're really looking forward to see Dave and Friends on the secret island and the other bands that will be playing onboard. I saw where Kenny Chesney was planning the same sort of trip, but more days and more money of course. Jimmy Buffett would be a good one to have too, that would be WILD! :) I'll let you know how it went when we get back!

~ Christi

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder how it's going...

I wonder if they were able to fill the ships!

Probably, not good. It has been raining here since yesterday, and don't see it letting up anyways soon.(today) We had a front move through here yesterday, and even had tornado warnings in the treasure coast area. Should be all gone by tomorrow though.....

Seas look ok though. Not sure how high they have to be before they cancel Cococay....

• 3 weeks later...

I just talked to my friend who went on this cruise and he said the weather was terrible and the boat was rocking big time. Dave Matthews had to stop the show in the middle because of the rain. He finished the show on both ships around 3:00 am. They woke everyone up on the intercom to let them know.

He said he spent way too much money and it wasn't worth it.

I'm just curious, when this got chartered, what did the do with the people who already had their reservations on this ship? Do they just kick you out and say oh well? Or make you pay more? So they can take a ship that has reservations already on it and just say oh, nevermind, and sell that room to someone (charter) else? What the hell is the deposit for then?

Just checking, seems very shady business practicy to me!

Melody

Archived