Booking with t.a. Or with p.g. Pros and cons

krissmatt

I think either way but for us our TA who knows the PG well is the way to go...our first time was 3 years ago and he got us an aft deck cabin, hundreds of dollars in on board credit, got us seat assignments early on ATN and helped us immensely..we are already booked for fall 2020 and our TA helped secure another hard to get aft cabin, some on board credit ( already) and the private marina deck dinner while in bora bora....we are very experienced travelers but for these trips we felt a TA was worth it...a good TA will watch PG promotions and if possible always gets us the max available obc when offered before your trip.. ....helps he is a personal friend also...not sure I can recommend him here, so I won’t 

Edited by Larro9
Edit

I agree with Larro9.  In general an agent who knows the ship and has a relationship with the cruise line can be very helpful.  Where you live is not an issue: we too live in Toronto and our agent is based in the U.S.  Cruise Critic does not allow people to post recommendations of particular agents, a policy with which I agree. So I won't identify our agent any further than that she is U.S. based. (I was going to give the state our TA is located in, but on reflection think that is over the line of that policy.)