Do I need a BOARDING PASS?

Smart Freak

Hi mates, I was told by my Trav. Agent that I didnt need to receive the so called Boarding Pass or similar document in order to actually board my ship, so he only emailed me my booking confirmation where appears my reservation number, etc. My question: is this correct?, I read somewhere else that I didnt need any boarding pass to get into the ship as my name would appear on the ships manifest and the only thing I need is my reservation number (which I already have of cours) but Im nervous, please tell me...

Don't know about only having a conformation letter. You are supposed to get a complete cruise package from the cruise line. This includes tickets, credit card info, baggage tickets and so on. If your TA is stating conformation letter is all that is needed, then I would call the cruise line directly and ask this question.

I booked a cruise about 2 weeks out and they told me pier pickup of my tickets. As long as you are on the ship manifest you don't have to have the tickets. Fill in your immigration online, print and take it with you.

I do feel your apprehension, but your TA is probably correct.

I too was told that we could pick up our papers at the pier.

This truly was not agreeable with us, so our TA obtained the e-docs from NCL, and I printed them off on the computer.

This was much more satisfactory for us - being first time cruisers.

In reading the boards, it truly does seem that to board the ship, all

you need is the registration and booking number.

Be sure, if you do go this route, that you have proper identification, passport (if needed), and that you feel completely satisfied with this procedure.

Have you pre-registered with your cruise line? This process is used with NCL cruiseline, but I am not aware of your situation. This did reassure us that we were indeed registered as guests aboard the ship, showing the same registration number which our TA had provided.

Don't leave home feeling apprehensive about this - Your TA can get you paper documents if you feel that is what you want. Your TA is your representative, and should be doing whatever it is to make your cruise as enjoyable as possible - even from boarding with proper paper work.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank to all of you for your comments, actually we (wife and I) have filled in the online pre-registration wich includes the inmigration forma and credit card info as well. This is our second cruise but on the last one we had we did receive the "paper" documents so thats why I was worried but now I am really ok, Thanx! ;)

Archived