Santorini Sunset and Restaurant near the cable car.

livetotravel1965

We will be stopping at Santorini on our cruise in May.  There will (unfortunately) also be 3 other ships there that day.  We will be in stopped from 12:00 - 10:00 pm.  2 of the other ships arrive and leave at different times from ours - both gone by 6:00 pm.  I can't find any times for the other ship (Viking) even on their website.  

Sunset that day is at 8:16 pm and I would like to see the sunset before going down to meet the tenders to leave.  

1) Would like suggestions for the closest restaurant to the cable care that has a view (even though it won't be as good as in Oia), to have dinner and be ready to head to the cable car as soon as the sun sets.

2) Will this be doable and still be able to take the cable car, as the last tender is likely supposed to be at 9:00 pm.  Or will we have to take the steps down and possibly slide through the donkey do-do in the dark?

Any suggestions, advice, or recommendations greatly appreciated.

We ate at a restaurant called Classico and had a seat by the railing and perfect views of the sunset. It's a short walk to cable car and had about a 10 minute wait. We will be in Santorini again on the NCL Spirit in May and our ship also docks from noon to 10 pm.

14633386_10210565265183668_4493797454375157963_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 4:33 AM, TGraUk said:

pfopma, great picture!

We will be on Santorini in April this year, gonna use your recommendation for restaurant Classico with such gorgeous view! Not sure we'll manage to see sunset, but the view itself is terrific! Worth visiting!

By the way - what about food? Was it good?

Best moussaka I ever had. My travel companions also enjoyed their meals - one person had grilled octopus - can't remember the others. The food tends to take a back seat to the view.

Edited by pfopma

On 2/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, TGraUk said:

pfopma thanks for recommendations! We tried moussaka in Greek restaurants in UK, believe the one in Classico would be much better:classic_biggrin:

Do you have any favorite places for coffee stop near port?

Didn't have Greek coffee the last trip. We arrived at noon and left at 10 pm.I will have to try on my next trip.