Upcoming refurb Indy with The Key review - any questions?

Hello everyone! So my bestie and I will be boarding Independence in 9 days and I cannot wait! I have been on Indy once before but it was before the refurbishment. I have looked for and noticed requests for reviews of the ship after refurb. So I will do an in depth review of the ship AND of The Key program. I know that there have been different experiences on different ships with the program and I'm very interested in how it will run for us. If anyone wants me to answer something or check something out for you while I'm on board please put it here and I promise I will check! :classic_biggrin:

I'm looking forward to reading your review. We are on Indy for the first time in March - excited to hear about and to experience the updated ship! 🙂 It looks like you'll be at Labadee with no other ships, and in Jamaica with Oosterdam (same as our itinerary).  I'd like to hear your take on how crowded the ports are - particularly Columbus Cove at Labadee. Also any excursions you choose to take at either port. I've not sailed out of (or ever been to!) Ft Lauderdale, so any transportation, terminal and embarking info would be good. We have a noon-ish return flight from FLL, so disembarking info would be useful. Who am I kidding?! I look forward to reading anything about your trip, the ship and the ports! 😉

You must be so excited - enjoy your cruise!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, luckyprincess said:

Hello everyone! So my bestie and I will be boarding Independence in 9 days and I cannot wait! I have been on Indy once before but it was before the refurbishment. I have looked for and noticed requests for reviews of the ship after refurb. So I will do an in depth review of the ship AND of The Key program. I know that there have been different experiences on different ships with the program and I'm very interested in how it will run for us. If anyone wants me to answer something or check something out for you while I'm on board please put it here and I promise I will check! :classic_biggrin:

Awesome, we're on in March with the Key as well so I'm very curious how your experience will be 🙂  Looking forward to your whole review - and have a BLAST!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustUs275 said:

I'm looking forward to reading your review. We are on Indy for the first time in March - excited to hear about and to experience the updated ship! 🙂 It looks like you'll be at Labadee with no other ships, and in Jamaica with Oosterdam (same as our itinerary).  I'd like to hear your take on how crowded the ports are - particularly Columbus Cove at Labadee. Also any excursions you choose to take at either port. I've not sailed out of (or ever been to!) Ft Lauderdale, so any transportation, terminal and embarking info would be good. We have a noon-ish return flight from FLL, so disembarking info would be useful. Who am I kidding?! I look forward to reading anything about your trip, the ship and the ports! 😉

You must be so excited - enjoy your cruise!!!

Hi! Yes I'm sooo excited!! At Labadee we booked a daybed and then I'm doing the dragons flight zipline (second time) and bringing a go pro lol! At Falmouth we booked the All Inclusive Blue Waters Beach Escape. I will include those in my review and also link to my YouTube we channel for video reviews. We are going a day early to Ft Lauderdale and staying at Hilton Garden Inn at the airport/cruise port. I will review this as well.  We like to get off the ship fast and then enjoy the day and get a night flight. We bought day passes to Margaritaville in Hollywood Florida on our last day.

3 hours ago, luckyprincess said:

Hi! Yes I'm sooo excited!! At Labadee we booked a daybed and then I'm doing the dragons flight zipline (second time) and bringing a go pro lol! At Falmouth we booked the All Inclusive Blue Waters Beach Escape. I will include those in my review and also link to my YouTube we channel for video reviews. We are going a day early to Ft Lauderdale and staying at Hilton Garden Inn at the airport/cruise port. I will review this as well.  We like to get off the ship fast and then enjoy the day and get a night flight. We bought day passes to Margaritaville in Hollywood Florida on our last day.

I really want to do the dragons flight zipline this time - I'm not getting any younger! :-)

The only thing I'm a little apprehensive about is the "landing"...I have a screw in my ankle as a result of a bad break many years ago. I have visions of me not being able to "land" correctly and rebreaking that ankle. Do they help stop you, or is it all up to you? I'm not the most coordinated person either LOL

It sounds like you will write a great review - can't wait!

Terri

Looking forward to reading your review. Last time I was on Indy 12/2014 she was dated so looking forward to sailing on her again in June for 14 nights.  It's been years since I lived in Europe and can't wait to get back to England, Portugal, Spain, France, etc.    

3 hours ago, luckyprincess said:

We bought day passes to Margaritaville in Hollywood Florida on our last day.

Margaritaville in Hollywood is nice.  They even have a flowrider.  We spent a week in Hollywood from Christmas until after New Year.   The food was not the greatest.  We found the food at the Margaritaville in Falmouth much better.

35 minutes ago, JustUs275 said:

I really want to do the dragons flight zipline this time - I'm not getting any younger! 🙂

The only thing I'm a little apprehensive about is the "landing"...I have a screw in my ankle as a result of a bad break many years ago. I have visions of me not being able to "land" correctly and rebreaking that ankle. Do they help stop you, or is it all up to you? I'm not the most coordinated person either LOL

Your feet don’t even touch on landing.  The springs will slow you down, then they will pull you down to get out of the harness.

Here is a little video I shot with my iPhone of the flight.  I know a GoPro would be much better, but I haven’t invested in one yet.