Pacific Star Queries

sweet_successes

Just a few questions for people who have been on Pacific Star:

How Long was embarking/disembarking?

Is it true that family cannot come out to the cruise terminal?

Cost of Drinks - eg cocktails and wines?

Can you choose where you eat eg buffet or restaurant?

Did they have an new zealand icecreamery as quoted in brochure?

Also, does anyone have any updated photos of the ship and cabins?

Rang P & O today to ask these questions (and also to ask about updating pacific star photos) and got told to speak to my travel agent - they were very very rude.:mad:

So help from all of you would be appreciated.

Cheers rach

Just a few questions for people who have been on Pacific Star:

Is it true that family cannot come out to the cruise terminal?

Also, does anyone have any updated photos of the ship and cabins?

Rang P & O today to ask these questions (and also to ask about updating pacific star photos) and got told to speak to my travel agent - they were very very rude.:mad:

So help from all of you would be appreciated.

Cheers rach

Rach, in answer to your question about family coming to the cruise terminal - no they can't.

Because the temporary cruise terminal is actually a freight terminal, only passengers taken in by bus can get there. If you have people who want to see you off the best place for them to go is the end of Howard Smith Drive, Whyte Island, Port of Brisbane (beside the Queensland Tug and Salvage Facility) Refidex ref 143 A1. From there family will be able to wave to you and watch the ship sail out past Fisherman Island.

I notice you're going late in 2006. If by then the new passenger terminal at Hamilton is open - then your family will probably be able to go down there, as it will be in a public area.

Regarding the buffet question, I haven't been on Pacific Star yet, but I would assume it will be the same as Pacific Sun. The buffet will only be provided for Breakfast and Lunch, and yes, you'll be able to choose day by day whether you go to restaurant for table service or go to the buffet. Also, there's no compulsion for you to go to dinner either. Any evening you can choose to eat at one of the alternate dining facilities.

Hi Rach,

Just back of the Star. Our embarkation was relatively pain free. We arrived at the Brisbane Transit Centre at about 9am. We were scheduled to be on bus number 5 but ended up on bus 6 as it was easier for my Nan to get on before everyone else. We were on board by 11:30am. The process at the port was much easier & quicker than last time we travelled out of Brisbane. The only thing that took longer was checking in and receiving our cruise cards due to the new system (more on that later!).

Getting off this morning we were one of the last groups. We arrived in Brisbane very early (before 5am) and they started calling colours to disembark at a little before 6:30am. Our colour was called at about 8:30am and we were on the ground at about 8:45am. No problems finding our bags. It took us about 45 minutes however to get through customs (they were being especially picky this morning, heaps of stuff was confiscated including things we have brought in before with no problems). We didn't have any problems though. Once past customs it was straight onto a bus to the airport for me which left soon after I got on it. My family however were on the bus after me to the Transit Centre which sat at the Port for quite a while however, not sure why!!

Cocktails are about $7.50 each. Bottles of wine about $20-$30. Beers are about $4.50. They do not have the specials for cocktail, shooters or mocktails of the day we have had before but did have the occasionaly special in a P&O souvenir cup (plastic come in three colours & a light up one).

Breakfast & lunch both offer a buffet or table service. The buffet also included hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza, curry & pasta. Dinner provided was a 5-6 course meal table service in the restaurant. Or you could choose one of the alternative dining options which you pay for including pizza, pies etc from the Pizzeria & Outback Grill or the Steakhouse ($15 cover charge, was fantastic!!).

Yes there was New Zealand Ice Cream available from the Outback Bar at the back of the ship on Deck 9 near the Lido buffet. It was a little odd however to note that the freezer with the ice cream in it is in direct sunlight!!

I will post a review at some stage as will my other cruising companions (Suey & Frog).

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Archived