Royal TA end of March

sfzpilot

Hi everyone, 

I looked through posts about getting a balcony stateroom on a TA with respect to temperature, but most of the posts were about fall or April sailings. Has anyone done a TA cruise at the end of March? Our is from Miami to Rome, and I'm considering getting a balcony. However, it may not be worth it if it's going to be chilly most of the time. I know that the weather can be unpredictable, but how unpredictable? Is it generally going to be in the 40s, 50s, 60s for the first part of the journey? 

Also, does RCCL have lots of activities on board for the TA cruises? 

Thanks in advance! 

I'm on this sailing too. This will be my our first TA, just could not pass up the price ($36pp/night +tax). We booked inside which is now not available. There are still a ton of balcony cabins available though. They cost twice what we paid for inside though. We are inside 60 days now. I'm curious if the price will come down more on the balconies, or if maybe some of the inside guarantees will end up there (wishful thinking).

I haven't been on this class yet but from video tours there is a very nice outside promenade deck. I think that makes not having a balcony a little easier. 

42 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I'm on this sailing too. This will be my our first TA, just could not pass up the price ($36pp/night +tax). We booked inside which is now not available. There are still a ton of balcony cabins available though. They cost twice what we paid for inside though. We are inside 60 days now. I'm curious if the price will come down more on the balconies, or if maybe some of the inside guarantees will end up there (wishful thinking).

I haven't been on this class yet but from video tours there is a very nice outside promenade deck. I think that makes not having a balcony a little easier. 

Check your email for a RoyalUp offer. 😉

Yea, I currently have an oceanview cabin on the March 29th. The Balcony is an extra $350/pp from what I paid. Just wasn't sure if it'd be worth it if it's going to be cold. When I did the QM2 from NY to South Hampton, I hardly spent time on the balcony because it was low 50s the entire time and with the wind chill, it was probably in the 40s.