Bravo's in Fort Lauderdale

cathyoo

We are flying in the night before our cruise. We will probably get to our hotel around 6 PM (Holiday Inn Express). I thought we would have dinner at Bravo's since it was highly recommended on these boards.

I know a couple people in our group will be wearing jeans on the plane. I don't think they will want to change for dinner. Can anyone tell me if jeans will be acceptable at Bravo's or should I look for a different place to dine.

thanks

Oh your jeans are perfectly fine... There are very VERY few places in Fort Lauderdale that have a "dress code", in fact of all the restaurants here I can only think of ONE off the top of my head.

Bravo is an excellent Italian restaurant, you'll love it!

Thanks Trent, just what I needed to know. My BIL got us a free hotel room on his points and we'd like to treat him and my SIL to dinner at a fairly nice restaurant and it appears Bravo's fits the bill and won't break our bank.

IMHO Bravo is just quite a good Italian Restaurant. In the same vicinity is Bimini Boatyard. On a nice evening, you can sit at a table on the dock. Again, jeans are fine!!! They serve "American" food if you don't want Italian - can be VERY busy at weekends and has a great bar area. Very very popular and weekends quite a young trendy clientele.

Medium price, although I think Bravo is probably not so expensive. Only been to Bravo once - had a rotten meal!! But this happens at all restaurants!! Just think its quite ordinary! Very big. Impersonal.

Sorry Trent - if you want good Italian - go to Casa d'Angelo or Cafe Vico. Giorgio on 17th Street has good Italian also and is more intimate. Can think of quite a few Italian places better than Bravo! Can we agree to disagree?

PS..have to second the fact that Bravo's isn't that great of an Italian restaurant. It's a chain, actually, and we've got one in Oklahoma. :) Anyhow, it's "okay", but definitely not authentic...about on par with Olive Garden...maybe a little more adventurous menu at Bravo's. However, I don't want it to sound like it's a bad place--it's decent--but if you really want good Italian, don't look for it there.

:) that is what makes the world go round.

I have eaten at Bravo 3 times and love it. My orders were exellent.

Fresh Chilean Sea Bass was fantastic. I guess what is good to one

person is not good to someone else. And they have a great bar menu

too;)

In my opinion, it is much better than Olive Garden. More variety, better staff and overall,

(of course it is just my opinion) the food was much fresher.

Enjoy your dinner (whatever you choose) and what a nice thing

you are doing for your BIL:)

I appreciate all the feedback. I did look at the Bimini Boatyard but found quite a bit of reviews that said it was "not as good as once was". To tell the truth, we are way past "young and trendy" although a table on the dock sounds very nice.

We actually enjoy going to dinner at "Olive Garden". Which is a very good thing since I received over $200 in gift cards at Christmas. Chains are fine by us. In fact one of DH's favorite restaurants is "Maggiano's" Is there one in Fort Lauderdale?

Thanks for your input. I always like to get well balanced feedback.

Archived