If you cruised between HI & Vancouver in May - ?

mlbcruiser

At this point we are merely considering a cruise in the Hawaiian Islands early in May. I realize it will likely be pretty chilly on deck crossing the Pacific. Especially the last few days of the cruise as the ship nears Vancouver. (Though I wish it would be warm!)  I realize weather, temps and sea conditions vary, but would like to hear the experiences of others who have cruised around the Hawaiian islands near late April to mid-May and especially those who crossed the Pacific from the U.S. or Canada around that time.  (We once did a day trip to Catalina in mid June out of Southern California. It was really chilly on the boat and the water was way too cold off shore at Catalina to swim w/out a wet suit! Hope the water is lots warmer in HI that early in the year. I've checked water temp avgs. but it's still so hard to tell when you are trying to imagine what it would feel like at any given temp.) Thanks for any replies!

Edited by mlbcruiser

We did this cruise April/May 2016 on Celebrity Solstice. Beautiful, warm & sunny weather until last 3 days. The last 3 days were so cool, cloudy & pretty rough seas that even with the stadium blankets we couldn’t spend much time on our balcony. We’re doing the reverse Vancouver to Hawaii on Celebrity Eclipse this September 

Proof the weather varies, lol.  One reason I didn’t reLly even carr about balcony on this cruise was due to likely pretty cool temps the last day and a half or 2 heading towards Vancouver. Also purposely didn’t get one for an Alaskan cruise in 2016.  Before we ever cruised in a balcony cabin, our friends got upgraded to a suite from a regular balcony cabin. This was in the Caribbean around the third week of March many years ago. When the ship was underway the wind was too strong on their balcony.  This also made it feel quite a bit cooler than if the ship wouldn’t have been moving. 

Thanks for replying and sharing  your experience.