Who would you contact??

Hello all,

As I am reviewing the recent posts about Noro and  No AC on board ship I realized that I was told I would receive a future cruise discount for being willing to donate blood during a medical emergency on our last cruise in early December but never received it.

Any thoughts who I would contact to inquire about his?

4 minutes ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Hello all,

As I am reviewing the recent posts about Noro and  No AC on board ship I realized that I was told I would receive a future cruise discount for being willing to donate blood during a medical emergency on our last cruise in early December but never received it.

I'd try Crown & Anchor first, if you are a member.

5 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Will let all know how I made out.

5 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Hello all,

Very compassionate of you to donate blood but very disgusting to receive a benefit for it .

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very compassionate of you to donate blood but very disgusting to receive a benefit for it .

But, if it was something that the cruise line specifically offered the OP, as a token of appreciation, they should have followed through on it. He shouldn't even be having to ask. You are right that volunteer donation is very compassionate -- Blood Donors ROCK!

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

How is it disgusting? Wrong choice of words! I doubt that the OP demanded compensation for donating. I applaud their generous gift of life no matter how it was obtained.

7 hours ago, Goofyfanatic said:

Hello all,

Not relevant to your question, but as someone who received blood about 18 months ago, I really truly thank you for your willingness to donate. It means so much!

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

28 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

How is it disgusting? Wrong choice of words! I doubt that the OP demanded compensation for donating. I applaud their generous gift of life no matter how it was obtained.

9 minutes ago, justme665 said:

Not relevant to your question, but as someone who received blood about 18 months ago, I really truly thank you for your willingness to donate. It means so much!

I don't think that arzeena meant it the way it is being taken. Even when I donate on Long Island they always seem to be giving something away to get donors. They didn't say anything about any FCC discount until the next day.

In this case as it turns out I was on the very short list but never got the call. However I did have to modify my plans for the evening as Scotch was out of the question.

Yes blood donors rock!!!

Edited by Goofyfanatic

On 1/31/2019 at 5:38 PM, Arzeena said:

If you donate blood at the local Red Cross Bloodmobile, you also receive a benefit for it. You and your immediate family get unlimited blood transfusions. Do you find that equally disgusting?