Last Minute Advice for Epic

Paelos

fantastic tips! I just booked the epic sunday to leave on 4/13. When can I make dinner reservations for the specialties? I looked on the app and they all say not available to book. does that mean they are full? If so am I going to just try to book right when I get on the ship at headliners? I appreciate any advice you can give and I am sure I will be back with more questions!

I am on the Epic now.  You can make dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants after you board. We made them through the TV in our room the first day.  I successfully made reservations for 4 restaurants, even though there was no availability showing on the website a few weeks before the cruise.  I was able to get 7 pm dining at La Cucina, Teppanyaki, the French place (can’t remember the name) and Moderno, the Brazilian steakhouse.   Cagney’s Is harder, but last night if you showed up at the restaurant at 5:30 and had a drink at the bar, I think you could get in.   It was much slower than on previous nights.  Good luck! 

• 4 weeks later...

I called reservations and they graciously booked all reservation-required shows and specialty meal day/times on the phone. Going on the 4/13/19 epic cruise. I strongly suggest you get an idea of what you want to attend before calling and try to do it as soon as you can.

The tips from Paelos are extremely helpful.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, houtxaj said:

I called reservations and they graciously booked all reservation-required shows and specialty meal day/times on the phone. Going on the 4/13/19 epic cruise. I strongly suggest you get an idea of what you want to attend before calling and try to do it as soon as you can.

The tips from Paelos are extremely helpful.

When did you call? I am on the same sailing so I may call here shortly. thanks

14 hours ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Thank you for all of your tips.  I do have one question:   Do you have to have reservations for Headliners, and if so how early can you do them.  Any advice on this Show.  We missed it on our last cruise.  Thanks in advance

They didn't require reservations for the any of the shows in Headliners. However, be aware that people will start lining up well ahead of time, because the venue isn't huge. We got there 30 minutes early to get chairs for the Not-So-Newlywed game as an example. The comedy shows will also fill up quickly earlier in the cruise.

Good news is, there's a bar in the corner of headliners. I recommend going with two people, getting chairs, and then having one person get your drinks periodically while you wait.

• 5 weeks later...