Innovative cabins on Virgin Voyages!

bookitdanno

28 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I got the email as well. I dont think that is a standard cabin. There are other pictures of cabins with a king or queen bed. And check out that area next to the veranda door. What is that the closet?

SeaBedHallwayView_1280x720.jpg

This is a standard "Sea Terrace" cabin.  All the renderings posted today are of the same cabin.  There are also some photos of an actual inside cabin that were posted here today that show a similar design as well as a better view of the closet.  See here: 

The rooms contain two single beds that combine into a queen or king bed just like a typical cabin.  However, rather than keeping them as beds during the day, they take the sheets off them and rotate one of the beds 90 degrees and they become an L-shaped sofa.

Edited by timf2001
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, timf2001 said:

However, rather than keeping them as beds during the day, they take the sheets off them and rotate one of the beds 90 degrees and they become an L-shaped sofa.

That seems like extra work for the cabin steward (do they have a name in VV parlance?) and you no longer have a place to stash your luggage.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, Biker19 said:

That seems like extra work for the cabin steward (do they have a name in VV parlance?) and you no longer have a place to stash your luggage.

Great point!  Just give me a couch and a bed I can put my suitcase under.  

Hi!

Interesting first glimpses - hope the cruise fares come out soon! But does anyone else feel an Ikea/ Scandinavian vibe in all these cabins? I would expect this look more in a new NCL ship - I understand the ambiance they are going for - but I expected it to be Fun & Refined with a touch of British flair, not just a Union Jack or an expand Virgin Club lounge area - We are very much looking forward to cruising with Virgin Voyages, however I think we're leaning more towards the suites!  😉 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

The fares will be out Tuesday for those who put down the initial deposit and then opened up to the general public two weeks from now.   Looking forward to the prices and schedule.

Just hope they are better than RCI who promise the same thing but then don't deliver.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:31 AM, Biker19 said:

I assume you can tell your steward to just leave the bed. My gf likes to nap before dinner, so the bed needs to stay

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 6:32 AM, uromac said:

Hi!

Interesting first glimpses - hope the cruise fares come out soon! But does anyone else feel an Ikea/ Scandinavian vibe in all these cabins? I would expect this look more in a new NCL ship - I understand the ambiance they are going for - but I expected it to be Fun & Refined with a touch of British flair, not just a Union Jack or an expand Virgin Club lounge area - We are very much looking forward to cruising with Virgin Voyages, however I think we're leaning more towards the suites!  😉 

The designers are European and Branson is British. That being said there is defnitly a niche market in the US that this appeals to.