RCCL - St Lucia dive operation the ships use

BigRed93

I've not heard who the cruise ship operator is for St. Lucia.  However, I wouldn't book through the ship there any way.  The primary reason is that the diving you want is about a 30 minute boat ride from the port.  The cruise ship operators are always operating at a financial disadvantage because - even though you are paying a higher price - they are getting a lower price from the cruise line.  That means they are disinclined to make the trip, and instead use sites that are closer to the port. 

In St. Lucia I've dove with both Scuba Steve's (http://www.scubastevesdiving.com/) and Eastern Caribbean Divers (http://www.easterncaribbeandivingstlucia.com/).  Both provide trips out to the vicinity of the Pitons, which is where you want to go.  Scuba Steve's charges extra for this calling it something like their "platinum package"; but even at that price it's still reasonable.  Both companies pick you up, an return you, in their boat at the same pier the ship docks at.  Both have nice boats, and the trip out to the Pitons is in essence a free boat trip of the sort many of your fellow cruisers are paying for. 

Of the two companies I prefer Eastern Caribbean, but that's based on my own impression of friendliness and professionalism, but the two are very close.  I think Eastern Caribbean has a price advantage as well, but I can't be certain about that.

Harris

Denver, CO

Thanks for the recommendations. :)

We have been here several times with Carnival, and they use Iyanola.  Each time we have done Superman's Flight, plus one of the other sites either in front of Anse Chastanet, or on the other side of the pitons.  The boat is usually never more than 6-8 divers.   That's why I was looking to see who the operator was.  I booked with the ship, because I got a great price with the black Friday sale last year.   But it's easy enough to change.

I'm going to check out these other ops.

• 3 weeks later...