Booking shore excursions/ship board activities on board or on line

Spartan Tartan

Can anyone tell me if the price of booking excursions or ship board activities on Celebrity web site is any cheaper when booking while on the ship? If you have booked through web site and they are selling it cheaper on board the ship will they refund the price difference?  Not sure if it is me or not but prices quoted on Celebrity site are more expensive than what on board cruisers have stated they have paid on board.  Thanks in advance for any replies. 

They are often cheaper pre-cruise.   I know that currently select excursions on select cruises are discounted up to 20% on line.   I've never seen them discounted on the ship.  

Most excursions are cancellable within 24 hours of the excursions so if they are cheaper I am sure they would reprice or you could simply cancel and rebook. 

Just follow the price of excursion you would like .... if a 20% deal is advertised it is not always as it seems.   For example, I booked an excursion for $124.00 and was following one for $189.  An up to 20% off” promotion came out and the $189 excursion I was following had increased to $289 (and flagged as 20% off), of course this was no deal, but the excursion I had booked for $124 was listed as $67 (again flagged as 20% off) so I cancelled the original booking and rebooked at the lower price.  Bottom line, just check/follow pricing, there are deals to be had, and some deals are just “Smoke and Mirrors.”  I have personally found if you keep checking you can always get a better deal pre-Cruise.  

Definitely follow the pricing closely on the Website, to the point of recording the "regular" pricing.  When there is a sale, they post only the sale price, not the regular price, so even though it may have the banner "up to 20 percent off", you won't know exactly what discount you are getting.  Plus, as it gets closer to your cruise, you may not want to book certain excursions as the prices online may increase.  For instance, the "behind the scenes" ship tour was going for a regular price of $99 per person most of the time.  During a sale, it went down to $79 per person.  About a month before the cruise, it went up to $109 per person, and then, maybe two weeks before the cruise, it was up to $129 per person!  On the ship, however, I noticed it was posted at the regular price of $99 per person.  So definitely keep track of what excursion your are interested in, and jot down the pricing, so you don't get confused with Celebrity's tricky marketing schemes.