Southampton to London with sightseeing

cc cruiser

We will be arriving in Southampton on a Saturday in April.  Our flight leaves from Heathrow the next day.   We are more countryside folk rather than city.  We would love to find an excursion that would take us to Salisbury, Windsor and possibly Stonehenge.  We are open to other charming stops.   I found one company whose prices are  £179 each, up to 8 people. The price drops to £140 with 9 or more. (I’ve posted it on our roll call). I’m just wondering if anyone has other suggestions.

International Friends has a Salisbury, Stonehenge, and Windsor postcruise excursion that comes out to 135.80 GBP pp with entry fees to Stonehenge and Windsor included in that price.  They also have senior entry rates (if that applies) that would lower the price.  Looking at April it only shows Saturday 4/27, so if that is your date it would be available.  They get many great reviews on Trip Advisor and here on CC.  I have booked them for a private transfer from Southampton this June and they were easy to book online. 

Try www.discoverthesouth.com

they're the "touring" arm of West Quay Cars, used by many CC members.

Or simply get quotes from www.wetquaycars.com and www.smithsforairports.com

That's for transportation only.

Bear in mind that you should pre-purchase timed tickets for Stonehenge to ensure that you're not delayed. Your chosen transfer operator can advise on the timing.

But for a small group (certainly a twosome or three, probably four) the International Friends tour bus mentioned by rocklingmom is pretty-well tailor-made for your aspirations.

Note that Stonehenge and Windsor Castle have audio-guides, that only the castle' own guides are permitted for Windsor Castle, and that Stonehenge tickets bought with coach tickets are "any-time"

international Friends tour tickets are a little cheaper via www.londontoolkit.com

JB :classic_smile:

For those able it won't matter, but International Friends doesn't make it clear (at least not to me) that you must be able to carry your luggage off the ship to meet their departure time. I ended up with a $260 cab ride to my London hotel because I physically could not carry my luggage out and they left me behind. Had I known I never would have booked with them. Expensive lesson and not covered by my travel insurance or the insurance I purchased from them.

15 minutes ago, Zippeedee said:

For those able it won't matter, but International Friends doesn't make it clear (at least not to me) that you must be able to carry your luggage off the ship to meet their departure time. I ended up with a $260 cab ride to my London hotel because I physically could not carry my luggage out and they left me behind. Had I known I never would have booked with them. Expensive lesson and not covered by my travel insurance or the insurance I purchased from them.

Good to know!  Thanks for that info.