Did Locanda Orseolo Hotel in Venice Close?

harryw

• 1 month later...

I just saw this about Locanda Orseolo closing down. I was trying (unsuccessfully) to find the website for the hotel because I recommended it to a friend. 

cruisemom42 - do you have other hotel recommendations for Venice?

7 hours ago, bobalink said:

I just saw this about Locanda Orseolo closing down. I was trying (unsuccessfully) to find the website for the hotel because I recommended it to a friend. 

cruisemom42 - do you have other hotel recommendations for Venice?

Hi -- as a matter of fact, I do. :classic_biggrin:

A little over a year ago I was in Venice for several days and stayed in a lovely hotel housed in an old palazzo and right on the Grand Canal. Not only that but right in front of it (about 20 paces, no kidding) there is a dock that services both the vaporetti and Alilaguna. No bridges to cross with luggage!

The hotel itself was great -- just what I was looking for. Warm service, nice included breakfast, nicely appointed rooms in a Venetian but not too over the top style. 

Also, the location is great -- it is about midway between Piazza San Marco and Rialto Bridge (easily walk to either one), yet the immediate area is not teeming with people at all hours. (Edited to add: well, to be fair, we were there at the end of November. The crowds can be nearly unavoidable during the summer season...)

The hotel name is Sina Palazzo Sant'Angelo:  https://www.sinahotels.com/en/h/sina-palazzo-santangelo-venice/

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1

Thanks, so much, cruisemom42. I have followed your advice several times over the years and you have always been a great help to me! I will relay this info for Sina Palazzo Sant'Angelo to my friends who are planning their visit to Venice. Thanks for the link.

We stayed at Locanda Orseolo in 2011 and 2015. It was such a great place with incredible staff. Sorry they were forced to close down due to losing their lease. I know they have a sister hotel, Al Ponte Antico, we went there for a drink, but have not stayed there.