Deluxe Beverage Package Sale

lcpagejr

As a FYI.....I booked a 8 night cruise on Adventure of the Seas (week leading up to Easter) over a month ago and have been checking the Cruise Planner site for the Beverage package pricing. It has varied from $52/day to $49/day and back up to $52/day. Today I checked and the price is $46/day!!  I jumped on that price.  Doubt it will go lower!!  

• Like 1

If you already bought, do they just give you the price adjustment and credit your credit card, or do they cancel the entire first charge and recharge your card for the lower price?

Or is it just easiest to cancel right online and repurchase?

Edited by cot427

14 minutes ago, cot427 said:

If you already bought, do they just give you the price adjustment and credit your credit card, or do they cancel the entire first charge and recharge your card for the lower price?

Or is it just easiest to cancel right online and repurchase?

You have to cancel and repurchase.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

You have to cancel and repurchase.

Thanks, done! First time I ever had a price decrease, came to $32 a person and better in my pocket than theirs. Surprisingly easy to do right in cruise planner. I had issues booking everything with website glitches a few months ago, so knock on wood...seems to be working okay for me at the moment. 

1 minute ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

sas, you'll have to access it through your cruise planner on the Royal website and check the prices there. Different ships different prices.

Thank you, yes, I managed to figure that out. Let's all clap for the slow ppl, eh?  lol

Beverage packages for my sailing are not available yet but I am ore than a year out.  Anyone have an idea of when my bev packages might open for booking?

Thanks!

Just checked mine and it says it's $52/day, but says that's buy one get one 50% off. It is a price drop from when I looked on Sunday. Should I hang on and wait to see if it goes down?  That is still on the edge of not being completely worth it for us as my husband just doesn't drink that many drinks a day. And doesn't drink coffee...   

We're sailing on Allure in 11 days.   Deluxe pkg is now $44 pp/pd.   We booked at that rate a few weeks ago, but its the lowest we've seen.

Others in our group get deluxe + 1 device Voom.    That is down to $53/pp/pd.    That's better than the $60 they booked at, so they scooped it up.

Nice to get these pkgs in the more reasonable price range.

Edited by zdad59

8 minutes ago, sas80 said:

so it's best to wait to book?  Does that hold for all items? Excursions, dining, etc?

I don't think it's best to wait.  If you are committed to purchasing something,  I'd buy it and then watch for price drops.  You can cancel and reorder if you see a lower price.

• Like 2

Just now, Jiffymom said:

We don’t cruise till October. No price drops at this time 

It'll be a while.    Our 2nd sailing this year is in July on Symphony.   Just saw it's first drop from $56 to $52.   They don't usually get serious until 90 days or so out, unless they have some big fleet wide sale.