Inspiration Room Sizes

fdaniels1967

I was wondering if any one has a view point on the staterooms. I am planing my first Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration, and was wondering about getting an ocean view room or one with a balcony. I am traveling with my wife and 2 young daughters ages 10 and 11. I would like to know if the standard ocean view staterooms would be big enough and where would the kids sleep? I see in the brochure that some of the ocean view staterooms have 2 upper births???? Do these pull down from the ceiling? What about the bathroom sizes and showers? I havent cruised in over 13 years and am not up to date on what the ships offer.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Frank

I was wondering if any one has a view point on the staterooms. I am planing my first Carnival Cruise on the Inspiration, and was wondering about getting an ocean view room or one with a balcony. I am traveling with my wife and 2 young daughters ages 10 and 11. I would like to know if the standard ocean view staterooms would be big enough and where would the kids sleep? I see in the brochure that some of the ocean view staterooms have 2 upper births???? Do these pull down from the ceiling? What about the bathroom sizes and showers? I havent cruised in over 13 years and am not up to date on what the ships offer.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Frank

I have found cross-referencing other sites has helped. For example, Expedia.com on their cruise search when you look at a room often has the room layout as well as photo ... square feet, etc. So it does help get a better perspective.

DH and I just got off the Inspiration and we had a Cat 11 suite. Our room only had a king size bed. There was a couch but I do not think it pulled out.

In my opinion our suite was not very big - but I am not sure if it was any bigger than an OV room.

I would personally get a hold of a good TA and ask these questions.

We had an ocean view room on the Inspiration and all four of us shared it. It was my DH and I and our two grown children...so they are "adult" size. Our room had two twins which they made into a king for hubby and I and one upper birth. They brought in a rollaway/cot that sat close to the floor under the upper birth. My 5'10" daughter fit in the upper birth just fine and my 6'0 son was comfortable in the cot. The bathroom was fine and we just had to stagger shower times. On formal nights, the guys went to the gym and used those showers to get ready. It was kinda neat as they came to "Pick us up" at our cabin in their Tuxes :). One thing I do recommend if you are going to share a cabin with 4, is an over-the-door hanger with compartments. There is limited counter space and that compartment holder was a wonderful way to keep things out of the way. Also, a electrical bar with outlets as there is only one outlet with two plugs in the room.

If you click on my "Photos" below, you can see our cabin pics. There is a picture of my kids in their beds, as well as a pic of my daugther during the safety drill, where you can see the over-the-door compartment hanger in the background.

We have travelled twice on Inspiration and once on sister ship, Paradise. Each time there were 4 of us in one cabin for 7-day cruises. One time it was an inside, the other times outside cabins. Try to book a true quad, two lowers and two uppers. The uppers come down in evening and do not take up extra floor space during day (or night for that fact). We had no problem, just takes some coordination of shower times and smart use of space in cabin. Suitcases and carry-on's fit under beds and these we use to store items not used very often, eg., formal dress shoes, souveneirs, extra film, and so on. This leaves space in closet and shelving area for more often-used items. Also, helps to get a later dinner seating. This allows for more leisurely afternoon and extra time to get ready, especially when coming back from port or excursions. Bring with an electrical outlet strip. There is only one outlet in cabin and the extra outlets really come in handy. Try to keep the desk area clear of all the paper clutter. It seems like you get bombarded with lots of Capers, fliers, etc. Use the bin to the side to store all the papers or toss if you don't want it. I know this all sounds very elementary, but it really helps. Somehow it seems like we all get along much better in so much less space than at home. Must the sea air.:D You will have a wonderful time!!!

Just want to say that the reason I said 7-day cruise, was that meant we had that much more stuff. Also, both kids at the time were teenagers or almost teens. They seem to need much more bathroom time and have much more stuff than younger kids. Another hint: have the girls get their hair corn-braided in one of the ports. Not only will they love it, but it really cuts down on prep time for the girls. Recomend that you bring with your own combs for the braiders to use. You need the kind with the long extended pointy handle. Not sure what it is called. In any case we did just fine with 4 in one cabin. We just love to cruise!! :)

I just got home from my cruise on the Inspiration and we had an OV stateroom. As one poster stated earlier it is 185 sq ft and we had our 2 twin beds pushed together. There is a fold down bed on the wall which looks like it would be used to make bunk beds. The rooms are very small and the bathrooms are closet sized. I would think that it would be a very tight fit for four. I have not seen the suites but at 275 sq ft, they would have to be far more comfortable. If you have the budget, I would recommend two adjoining rooms. You do not spend much time in the rooms but for showers and dressing it would be worth it.

Jesse

The poster who said the Cat. 11 mini-suites were 275 sq. ft. was incorrect. They are 220 sq. ft. and a 30 sq. ft. balcony; not much larger than the standard inside or oceanview rooms on the Inspiration, which are 185 sq. ft. If you don't mind being a bit tight, you will be okay. The bathrooms aren't bad at all...storage space is actually pretty decent. I would suggest you make sure you get a quad cabin and not a triple. With a quad there would be two beds on the floor that can be pushed together to form a queen/king and two uppers that pull out from the top of the wall near the ceiling. If they try to give you a triple cabin, you will have to have a rollaway brought in...not only are they uncomfortable, but they take up precious room.

If you opt for a Cat. 12 suite, you would have 330 sq. ft. plus a 70 sq. ft. balcony.

If you are trying to vacation on a budget, I think you'll be fine. If you have the extra bucks, don't waste it on a Cat. 11 on this particular class of ships. Go with the Cat. 12. You would have plenty of room in that cabin.

I have done an inside with 5 people. And saved a lot of money doing so. It is doable with a little planning.

We keep the bottom beds seperate. (more walking space on the cabin floor. ex- http://community.webshots.com/photo/315320996/315324535UsIBMi

putting the beds together took up space.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/38687473/38687924eNdKRC

this is an upper bed with a convertible sofa. http://community.webshots.com/photo/84449011/84451974vkasrw

this is two beds pushed together with 2 uppers. http://community.webshots.com/photo/391552632/391619892lzbiVP

Over the door shoe holders inside the bathroom and outside the bathroom door. You'd be amazed at how much junk 5 people accumulate in a matter of days the shoe holder is what kept my sanity.

you do not want a cabin with a rollaway-- it takes up too much space-

http://community.webshots.com/photo/399227715/399241524PNvXLj

Archived