Wireless Internet/Bandwidth

CruzeBoozer

Has anyone experimented with the best areas to get signal strength and optimal bandwidth on any of the S class ships and ideally on the Silhouette?  We have used the Internet periodically on prior X cruises on our phones and iPads with a small package.  We will have the unlimited package for our upcoming cruise so I plan to bring my laptop and was wondering if anyone has successfully used WebEx or GoTo meeting while at sea?  Does anyone know where the best place is for signal strength and bandwidth?  Thanks.

I'm sailed on Silhouette a couple of times and was in CS 1614 on our last cruise.    We have been in this cabin previously and it was a dead spot.   To get internet I would have to go out in the hallway and sit in a little balcony overlooking the library to get decent internet.    While getting settled into our room a technician knocked on the door and asked if he could check our router.    Evidently they installed an router right in the room and it needed a reboot.    Internet was excellent throughout the cruise.  

I noticed that on Constellation when they were installing the new edge communications equipment and most if not all of the cabins they have a router installed in the corner of the closet.   I may be wrong but believe they will be doing this across the fleet during the revolution.  

Back to your question.   I personally find that you will find WIFI repeaters in the hallways ceilings about every 10 cabins.   The closer the better reception.    Also find that the signal to be pretty strong inside and outside the internet café.  

I've used both WebEx and GoToMeeting while at sea and both worked without a problem.